02

"Let's go back." She turned to Jashn as they stood outside Amrit's penthouse.

"Shut up."

"I'm leaving." She turned around, running into someone, her hand instantly came up to rub her nose, her face angling upwards to look at the person.

Her eyes widened before she turned around again, Jashn shook his head at her awkward behavior.

"Did you just arrive too?" He asked.

"Naah, I drank the last bottle of lemonade bhabi had and this was my punishment." Mihir raised his hand, showing a bag full of lemonade bottles.

Jashn rang the bell, waiting for someone to open the door.

"Madira." Mihir called, "I'm sorry for standing too close to you, merko laga Ishani hai, baal kheechne wala tha." He told her honestly.
(I thought it was Ishani, I was about to pull your hair.)

"You can pull my hair." She whispered under her breath.

Jashn, who was standing just beside her started coughing loudly, smacking her head subtly. The door opened, revealing a very smiley Roop as she forwarded her hand before pulling it back.

"Ohh, Hii." She greeted, a blush coating her cheeks, Mihir smirked from behind, "You must be Madira, Amrit told me a lot of things about you." She said, stepping aside to let them in.

"I hope it's only the good things."

"Only the good ones." Roop replied, snatching the bag from Mihir's hands as she walked to the kitchen, "Mihir, follow me." Following her into the kitchen, he stood there cluelessly, "Put these in the fridge and don't you dare have another bottle." She warned, handing back the bag in his hands.

While he arranged the bottles in the fridge, she filled up two glasses with water and handed him the tray.

"Go serve, I'll call Amrit."

"But bhabi-"

"Do you have Rayna's number? He's not answering my calls." She asked.

"Why would I have Rayna's number?" He asked, "Are you guys still trying to hook me up with her? It's not happening bhabi." He sighed.

"Why? Do you not like her?" She asked.

"Just because I was polite with her doesn't mean I like her." He tried to make her understand.

"But unhone kaha tha ki you look at her like-"
(But he said that you look at her like-)

"Aapke unhone kuch jyada hi dhyaan nahi dete mujhpe?" He asked, scrunching up his nose.
(Your husband pays a lot of attention to me, doesn't he?)

"Mihir?"

"Yes?" He huffed.

"What happened?"

"I don't want another girlfriend. I'm single and I want to stay single for a while, no one understands. Mummy thinks I should get married, Dadi is always pestering me to get married, and now bhai thinks I like that girl I barely know. I'll get married the moment I feel like I found 'the one' for me." He replied, frustration clear in his voice.

"Okay, I understand. I'll talk to him, yeah?" Roop nodded in question.

"Please do, also please ask him to stop sending her to my cabin again and again." He added.

"Will do!" She patted his shoulder, "Now go and serve the water to our guests, they're waiting."

He nodded, walking back to the hall. He was forwarding the tray towards Jashn when he bumped into the small table, splashing the water on Madira as Jashn was quick to move away.

"Shit. Fuck. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He picked up the glasses, "Oh thank God." He sighed in relief seeing the unbroken glasses until he looked up, Madira's upper body drenched with water.

"What happened?" Roop came out of the kitchen, her mouth dropping open at the sight.

"I didn't break the glasses!" Mihir offered to ease the situation.

"Madira, Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah…fine, It's okay."

"No I'm sorry, I swear I didn't mean to do that." Mihir got up.

"It's okay, it'll dry in a few minutes," Madira replied.

"Come with me." Roop walked closer, holding her hand to pull her with her, "We'll be back guys, Mihir, call your brother and ask him to get here right now." She said, before taking Madira to her room.

"Bhabi- Can I call you Bhabhi?" Madira asked.

"Of Course, you can."

"Right, I'm really fine, it'll dry up after a while-"

"You're wearing white and it's almost see-through now, here, use my hair dryer." She took out the dryer from the drawer.

"Thank you."

"How old are you?" She asked after a few minutes while Madira turned the dryer on.

"I'll turn 23 this year," Madira replied.

Roop hummed, watching her dry her dress. "I hope you like Dal makhni, I made paneer too but some people don't like it." Her nose scrunched up at the last statement.

"Amrit bhai you mean?"

"Yep. Itne nakhre karte hain na! I asked him to be here by 7, 8 bajne waale hain aur wo abhi tak nahi aaye, Avni was supposed to be here too but she went to her parent's house. Rahil bhai ko bhi apne saath busy rakha hoga unhone, dekhna tum." She ranted.
(Yep, He throws so many tantrums! I asked him to be here by 7, it's almost 8 now and he's still not here. Avni was supposed to be here too but she went to her parents' house. He probably has Rahil bhai occupied with work too.)

"Make him eat the paneer as punishment." Madira joked. 

"Yahi toh problem hai na, wo kha lenge bina nakhre ke." She banged her head on the wall lightly.
(That's the problem, he'll eat it without making a fuss.)

"Thank you for the dryer!" Madira said, unplugging the dryer.

"It's okay."

"Will Ishani be coming too?" She asked.

"Ah, no. She wasn't feeling good so she stayed back home." Roop answered.

"Oh, okay."

Both of them walked back outside to see Amrit entering the house.

"Kahan the aap?" Roop asked, narrowing her eyes as she walked towards him.
(Where were you?)

"I'm so sorry, I completely forgot I had a meeting that I scheduled days ago and I was informed at the last minute about it, forgive me?" Amrit replied, holding his ear with one hand as he was carrying a bag in another.

"Jashn has been waiting for you for an hour!" She lied.

"Thank God you survived his presence." He replied dramatically.

"Excuse me?" Jashn stood up.

"Where's Rahil bhai?" Mihir asked.

"Avni called, he's at his in-law's house." He replied.

Mihir looked at Madira, who was standing near the sofa, contemplating whether to walk to her or not, he chose the latter, stepping forward when his phone rang, the caller ID indicating his mother's call.

He excused himself, knowing that he was about he get scolded since he left without telling her.

The dinner went by smoothly, Mihir was too busy in his own world to notice anything while Jashn and Amrit were talking about the new project they were partnering on.

...
Don't forget to vote.