11. Beg For Forgiveness

AURORA DANIELS

♡♡♡♡♡

After Soren had shown me the dark side of his life. I couldn't help but feel drawn to him even more than normal.

The power within that room felt dark, but inviting. However, my trauma with guns seemed to be somewhat of a hindrance. That didn't stop my mind from wandering over to how sexy Soren would look with a gun in his hand.

I was still yet to be introduced to his posse, he also told me to not call them a posse. And I jokingly continued to do so.

My mind was in a haze, but the knock on my office door managed to bring me back to reality.

Beth the bitch strolled in before I could even permit her to do so.

"Arona. Mr Donovan wants you to add these to the exhibition."

Who the fuck is Arona? Not me that's for sure.

"Firstly it's Aurora. If you can't address me properly,  rather you not speak to me at all." My voice was calm and unbothered as I busied myself in front of my laptop.

"And secondly, tell Mr. Donovan that the exhibition display is finalized. We do not have the space for miscellaneous pieces."

"But-"

"You're dismissed." I cut her off and she almost shouted before leaving the room with a huff and a door slam.

I slouched against my chair, frustrated at the exhibition planning. I had been on my feet all day.

Phoning caterers, interior designers, ordering decorations, all for a dumbass realism exhibition. The museum was showcasing talented artists that have created exceptionally realistic art pieces.

The display of these artworks was so that stupidly rich people could come and outbid other stupidly rich people. The only benefit of this was that the artists got lots of money for their hard work. The downside was that the museum took a decent percentage of the earnings made at the auction.

This was the reason I was to bring a date. Mr Donovan said and I quote: 'I don't want anyone here embarrassing me.'.

I have been so busy with preparations, that I haven't had the chance to buy an outfit. My phone buzzed on my desk, causing me to straighten my posture.

Soren: I bought you lunch. 

I smiled at my phone, but my mood was quickly soured when Mr Donovan burst through the door, with a face only a mother could love. His lips were twisted into an ugly snarl and the vein on his forehead threatened to explode on his balding head.

"I had a complaint that you screamed at Beth." He folded his arms across his chest and tapped his foot like a cartoon.

"She disrespected me."

"You work for me."

"I understand that but you were made aware that everything was finalised." I stood my ground.

"Listen to me little bitch-," he moved closer, slamming his fists on my desk and peering his head down to look me in the eye, "when I tell you to do something. You move that tight little ass of yours and do it." 

I gulped hard, at the rage etched on his face, scared that he might do something. But before I knew it, Mr Donovan was yanked back by the collar, by a tattooed arm.

Soren.

"Now, I know you didn't just speak to her like that." Soren spat, his eyes dark, but he was devilishly handsome.