9. Why do you have this?

AURORA DANIELS
♡♡♡♡♡

My body was sore when I woke up. And the only reason I woke up was because Isadora was blowing up my phone. I muted my notifications and rolled over to my side. I shot up immediately when I noticed that Soren was no longer next to me.

Last night was beyond words. He took care of me and even christened my kitchen by making supper for me, it was chicken fettuccine and it was delicious. True to his Italian stereotype, he was a pro at all things pasta.

He cuddled me and rubbed my body with lotion, which turned into another round of mind-blowing back-breaking.

He held me close at night like he was scared to let me go. I heard the shower turn on, which told me that Soren was up and was probably getting ready to attend to whatever secretive business he had going on, that he refused to tell me. I got out of bed and put on my slippers before making my way to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. Soren had thought of everything, he put a water filter on my tap, just because. No other reason other than he wanted me to love my new home.

Making my way back to my room, I noticed Soren's suit was piled up in a ball near the door. I decided that I'd do laundry for him, I rummaged through my bag and pulled out the shorts that I had taken from him and the Nirvana t-shirt that he left me with on our first night. I loved that T-shirt. I laid it out on the bed for him and made my way back to the pile of clothes.

The clothes were extremely heavy and I didn't realize I was holding his pants upside down until a heavy metal object fell with a loud thud on the hardwood floors.

My hands trembled as got to my knees to pick it up. It was a gun. It was a shiny, gold and black gun.  The engraving on the shaft was Bianchi'.

Why the hell would Soren be carrying a gun with him? 

The last time I held a gun was when I tried to end my life. The tears pooled by my waterline, and my fingers began to shake as they held the death machine within my grasp.

My heart beat fast against my chest. The door to the bathroom was unlocked, and Soren had walked out.

"Amore." He said, his voice filled with curiosity as he possibly wondered why I was sitting on the floor.

He rounded my back, standing in front of me. I looked up at him and his eyes widened in shock. He was in nothing but a towel. I couldn't even form the words to tell him that I left clothes for him on my bed.

He kneeled in front of me, gripping his towel tightly to stop it from unraveling.

"Amore i-,"

"Why do you have this?" I cut him off.

"It's just for protection, Amore." He tried to lie.

"Bullshit, why do you have this? It has your fucking name on it!" My voice was shaky, I lowered my head to avoid his gaze as I held out the gun to him, firm in my grip.

"Amore, can we please not do this." He pleaded,  trying to raise my chin to look at him, but pulled away from his touch. Too scared to even think. My mind was running a mile a minute. I didn't truly know him or what he did, but I let him in my home. What if he was trying to kill me and just wanted to build my trust first?

My voice laced with fear, "What is it that you do?"

"Amore."

"Just answer the fucking question, Soren."

"I own hotels, I told you that, Amore." He tried to reassure me but it wasn't working.

"Liar, you're cryptic with what you do.  You're out till late in the night. You've never taken me to any of your hotels to prove it to me. You don't sleep. You're always switching to Italian when someone phones you. I noticed how your demeanor changes when your phone rings. You're insanely wealthy for it to just be fucking hotels. So tell me, please Soren. What do you do?" I cried, my shoulders shaking violently as I sobbed.