CHP11

______________

"Sometimes love isn't the key to happiness."
-
______________

Hearing his phone ring and light up, Jimin tapped his desk, frantically searching for it until his hands finally grasped the device.

Panic washed over him. "Shit," he muttered, jumping up and rushing to gather his clothes. The weight of the situation sank in; he felt dumbfounded.

It was everywhere – on Starscope, in the news, people were talking. How had a blurry photo of him and Jungkook kissing become public? It was unmistakably him, evident from the shape of the image taken at Jungkook's house, wearing the oversized shirt Jungkook had given him just the day before yesterday.

Jimin's mind raced as he held onto the memory of that moment, his heart pounding with worry about the aftermath.Just yesterday, everything was going well, and now it's all spiralling downhill. Strangely enough, Jimin found himself more concerned about the potential fallout than his own well-being.

Worries about his and Jungkook's relationship weighed heavily on him. He couldn't risk putting his boyfriend in danger – that would be incredibly selfish. What if jimn's dad disapproved? that wasn't even a question, not to mention jimin's mom, the renowned opera singer in Seoul.

Leaving a gentle kiss on Jungkook's forhead, Jimin attempted to wake him, but Jungkook remained sound asleep. When he finally stirred, concern etched across his face, Jungkook questioned,

"What's wrong, baby?"

Jimin hesitated, then, in a panicked and hurried voice, spilt,

"Something's out." Jungkook, surprised, took Jimin's phone, his eyes widening.

"How did this happen?" he asked.

"I don't know, Jungkook. I'm really doomed," Jimin exclaimed, his eyes getting teary. "Calm down, Jimin," Jungkook urged, trying to steady him.

"You're shaking. Just calm down." But Jimin, overwhelmed, whispered

"I can't, Jungkook. I really can't.”

After Jungkook finally calmed Jimin down, he handed him his scarf. "It's cold outside, Jimin," Jungkook reminded the brown-haired guy, who had just put on his cap, nodding in acknowledgement.

"Jimin, are you sure you don't want me to come?"

Jungkook questioned, sensing the potential risks of leaving Jimin alone. Despite the concerns, Jimin reassured him, walking away. "Hey, Jimin!" Jungkook screamed out. Jimin turned his head.

"I love you!" Jungkook shouted again, a small smile spreading across his face. Jimin waved before continuing with all his papers.

The road appeared busier than he remembered. Jimin kept his head low, determined not to be recognized by anyone.

However, he inadvertently bumped into an old man's shoulder. Though it seemed unintentional, Jimin sensed the man recognized him and did it on purpose.

"Be careful, you germ!" the old man screamed. Jimin bowed down, apologizing several times. People's gazes fell on them. "Isn't that Park Jimin?" A little girl screamed, prompting others to take out their phones to record.