Chapter 1 "It's What Friends Do" (EDITED VERS.)

Start from the beginning

Harry: Wait stop! I think I saw someone that I know walking!

"Walking? In this weather?"

The driver stopped as he was told and moved the limo back for the backseat to be side by side with the figure on the sidewalk. Harry rolled the windows down and stared at the figure, it was Peter.

His hair was wet and sticking to his forehead, one of the lenses of his round glasses was cracked but both lenses were heavily covered in water drops, and the bicycle had a blown tire. Harry watches Peter remove his wet glasses and squint his eyes to look at Harry more clearly. His face was confused and surprised.

Peter: Who are-?

Harry: You're Peter, right?

Peter stared at Harry. He was unsure of what to answer but said 'yes'.

Peter: You're...Osborn, right?

Harry slowly nodded and eyed him even more. At least Peter knows who he is, it would've been awkward if he didn't know him despite how much he knows Peter.

Harry: Why are you out alone without an umbrella? It was talked about all day yesterday that it was going to rain today

Peter went quiet and then looked down, he opened his mouth and spoke in a timid tone, his legs and arm shaking as he spoke.

Peter: I-I went over at someone's place today and forgot that it was going to rain...I just...got a bit too excited yesterday

The shaking was obvious, he was shaking as fast as a vibrating phone. For some reason, watching Peter act like this from the rain made him feel a bit pitiful. He's always getting beaten up at school and now he's getting his underwear soaked in the rain.

Harry: Get inside. We'll drop you off.

He could hear a small grunt in Norman's direction but he ignored it, keeping his attention on Peter fumbling instead.

Peter: No I- I don't want to be trouble, I can just-

Harry: Are you sure? You look as if you can't walk anymore

Peter puffed a bright red and looked away from facing Harry. He looked as if he was ready to collapse so Harry pressured some more.

Harry: If I leave you alone here then I'll stay up thinking about you, just get in

It took a few seconds for Peter to finally respond after he wiped his face with his arm. He gave a small nod and quickly, Harry told the driver to open the trunk to place the bicycle inside. Harry unbelt his seatbelt and scooched to the opposite side of his seat for Peter to sit on his old seat.

Harry watches waterdrops from the tips of Peter's hair land on the cushions of the seat. His outfit was completely soaked and must be freezing since his legs were still shaking. He continued to look at his pale face and red eyes when Peter awkwardly introduced himself to Norman.

Peter: S-sorry for disturbing you. I could've gone back home myself-

"Nonsense. How can we leave a kid like you stranded?"

Peter: Thank you, sir.

A cut was on the end of Peter's mouth. A drop of blood was slowly forming each time he moved his mouth to speak. It was as if he opened his mouth past its limit for it to cut. Light purple marks around his neck were becoming more vibrant the longer Harry stared at them.