23 The Man Who Knew Too Much: Part 3

Bobby and Nate joined us in the panic room about an hour later, carrying duffle bags.

"Time's up, Dean," Bobby said.

"Yeah, just a second," Dean said as he knelt beside Sam and gently placed the paper Balthazar had given him in Sam's hand. "All right, this is where we're gonna be, Sam. You get your lazy ass out of bed and come and meet us. Sammy, please," he said, standing up and exiting the room, with Bobby following closely.

I stood there, wringing my hands nervously, looking down at Sam, afraid to see Cass or Crowley. Nate approached me, rubbing his hand against my back, but I brushed him off and walked toward the door.

Nate grabbed my arm gently. "Maddi, wait, please."

I turned around, slightly annoyed. "What?" I snapped.

"Look, I know you went through something, and I'm not asking you to tell me about it," he said sincerely.

I nodded. "Good."

"But I'm here to listen if you ever want to," he continued.

I rolled my eyes.

"You can push me away all you want, but I'm not going anywhere." Nate looked at me seriously.

"Guys!" Dean shouted from upstairs, urging us to hurry.

"We have to go," I said, turning to leave.

"Wait, just a second, please," Nate pleaded, so I came to a halt and waited. "When you were taken, that was one of the scariest things that has ever happened in my life." His eyes welled up with tears, and he reached for my hand. "I will give you anything you need, even if it's just space, but please know I will be here when you need me. Always," he said sincerely, kissing my hand before walking to the door.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After about a six-hour drive, we arrived near a warehouse. We got out of the Impala and used our binoculars to look down at the building, which was surrounded by guards.

"I count a dozen mooks, probably more," Bobby said.

"Demons?" Dean asked.

Bobby shook his head. "Angels."

"Well, how the hell are we gonna take out that many angels?" Dean asked.

"We don't. We'll ninja our way in," Bobby suggested.

"Awesome." Dean scoffed. "Yeah, 'til they hear your knee squeak," Dean teased.

"Shut up," Bobby said.

"Oh, what, now you got thin skin?" Dean asked.

"No, Dean," Nate said. "You hear that?"

We all stopped and listened. We could hear an eerie sound echoing in the distance, growing louder with each passing moment. It was a low rumbling, followed by a repetitive booming, as if something massive was heading our way from behind. We turned around to see what was coming, but there was no sign other than the sound.

"What the hell is that?" Dean asked, pointing at a rippling puddle. "T-Rex, maybe?"

Bobby's eyes widened as he looked up at the sky. "Holy mother of—"

Our attention shifted to the sky, where an enormous cloud of demon smoke was rapidly approaching.

"No, no, no..." Memories flooded back, overwhelming me, and I felt myself breaking down.

"Get in the car! Get in the car!" Dean yelled urgently.

Bobby and Nate dashed past him and headed for the car. Dean grabbed my arm and urged me to move. In a blur of panic, he opened the back door and pushed me inside before jumping into the front seat.