CHAPTER 5

THE NEXT DAY  ( AFTER YESTERDAY'S INCIDENT IN THE COLLEGE GROUNDS )

NAINA'S POV 

I was lost in my thoughts about Sameer while walking through the stairs. Is he someone else? Is he hiding something from all of us? There's something about him that nobody knows.

Lost in my thoughts, I wasn't paying attention to my steps, and that's when I slipped.

"Oh, shit!"
I thought as I was about to fall on my face from the stairs. Just when I believed I was going to hit the ground, I felt someone's tight grip on my waist, preventing me from touching the ground.

My eyes were shut tight with the fear of hitting the ground. "You're fine now, open your eyes," a very familiar voice said. I opened my eyes to confirm my doubt: was it him?

Slowly opening my eyes, I saw that it was Sameer holding me tightly by my waist to prevent me from falling down the stairs. He looked at me with softness in his eyes and concern over his expression.

How does he manage to change his expressions so easily?
 One moment he is extremely angry and the next moment he is extremely sweet!

Naira: "I... I... I... thank you," I muttered as he helped me stand straight... 

Sameer: "Be careful," he said in a soft tone and slowly walked away. I could feel my heart racing. I hate myself so much for feeling this way towards him. I can't let go of my stupid crush, Especially since he doesn't seem to like me either, judging by the tone he used with me yesterday in the infirmary.

I hate myself for this! Ugh... His presence always gives me butterflies, and today he was so close; moreover, he held me by my waist! I like him, but I fear him too!

What have you gotten yourself into, Naira??

TO BE CONTINUED.......