Christmas (An Extra Bonus Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Liam." She put his gifts by the cards and he just nods his head as she continued with the rest of the presents.

From her parents, she got even more books, some clothes, shoes, and room decorations. And as expected, she was smiling with each gift. Once the girl had finished opening them all, she put the wrapping paper away and stacked up her presents beside her. Why is she so organised?

Next up was my go as I assume Liam wants the kids to open things first, I respect his decision, of course, we all do. He gives me a small smile as I start to open my cards like the rest of us did. Well, Luca and Reina.

I got money and candy canes just like Reina, there were cards from Luca, Ryan, Reina, Liam, my parents and others in the family. Each one had their own thing inside.

"Thank you." I smile as I put the cards to the side and start with the presents.

I first open up one with grey snowflakes on, a white background and a white bow. I opened it up and there was a set of books inside, they were on my book list. The next present was filled with clothes, and the one after that had a few paintings inside.

After, I moved on to the gifts from my parents which were music, money, clothes, and jewellery. I don't know how they afforded all of this for everyone when I say they got us money, I mean around £800. That's £3,200 in total for the children.

I had one present left, I open it up and see a card slipped in the side, when I read the handwriting on the envelope. something inside of me broke but fluttered.

Rea

"What's got you smiling?" Ryan asks and I roll my eyes and sit back on the sofa as I open up the envelope and read.

Dear Rea,

Merry Christmas! It's Christmas, the best time of the year, I got you something you will love! I love you so much, Rea.

Yours Sincerely,
                          Lyds

I was told she got me a present for the next five years for my birthday and Christmas, that is indeed commitment.

After a few minutes of reading the card over and over again, I place it in a different pile from the rest and take a sharp breath. I then open up the box to be met with a grey hoodie.

Her hoodie.

My fingers brush over the fabric and I lift it from the box and smell it. It smells like her. I don't know how the scent stayed but it stayed, and the tears filled my eyes as I held onto the hoodie tightly.

"Oh my," Luca whispers and my fingers tighten around the hoodie. After a few moments, I put it down and see there's something else in the box.

It was just a piece of paper but she had spent her time writing it.

Extra letter just for you? So special. I write this when you are sleeping beside me, god you are stunning, the most beautiful person on earth. My heart is beating out of my chest right now, but I am writing this for you.

I'd like to say you are my world, the one person I'd spend forever with if it existed, I believe we will, and I know we will. You're my world, Rea, you have my heart and I never want it back, you can keep it for the rest of forever.