Bonus Chapter

Two letters Liam found in Lydia's room weeks after her death and gave to Rea:

Dear Rea,

I love you. I know we are over and we aren't talking but I love you and you are in my mind. I don't like seeing you around and being unable to speak, we look at each other, I notice when you look at me but we don't speak. You don't even come into art anymore, but I finished the painting! I'm sure you might like it :)

I miss you Rea, I miss you more than words can explain, hopefully we are able to talk soon.

Yours Sincerely,
Lyds

~~~

Dear Rea,

I'm not sure when you are going to find this, or if it's you who will find this. But this is just to say thank you.

Now my time is coming to an end, I'm sure you might understand but I'm losing myself and the pain is all getting too much. So I am writing to you so you know how I feel behind the negativity.

I know we aren't talking, I know we are over but my heart won't let you go, I knew I would be like this when it crossed my mind last week. It's only been one week though, one week without you and it's like months. I don't know what it is, if it's my enjoying your company, or just having you here, but it's something that makes time pass quicker and makes me realise everything.

You make me see the world in a brighter perspective, you allow me to be myself and to open up. I feel safe when you are around, I feel comfortable. But nobody can be so blind by the love they feel for someone because they end up forgetting about themselves.

I love you though, my heart is yours and forever will be even after my time is up. When I go, remember it's you who I truly wanted and you who I'll always want. You make me feel everything, nervous, excited, happy, and then you make me feel the butterflies that flutter in my stomach, or my heart that beats faster for

I'm most likely not going to be here when you get this letter, maybe it worked, maybe it didn't? But if it does end up working, please know it's not you fault. It's never going to be your fault, so don't for one second think that you are the reason this happened. You aren't the reason I'm feeling like this, you are the one who makes the happiness inside me, you are the reason I'm carrying on until now.

You don't have to keep these letters, you can read them once and then put them away, rip them up and put them in the bin or even burn them, do whatever you want! I love you. I'm sorry things ended this way, we can meet again soon <3

Yours Sincerely,
Lyds