011.. happy birthday

011..
(happy birthday)
irl

(happy birthday) irl

ʀᴇᴀʟ ʟɪғᴇ

a smile grew on angelina's face as she saw the name "chris <3" appear on her phone. she swiped at her screen, in order to answer.

"hi, chris." she laid down on her stomach on her bed, then pulling her phone to her right ear.

"hey, lina." he replied. he sounded nervous, angelina could sense it in his voice. "happy birthday."

"thank you." she blinked slowly, and squinted her eyes in confusion. "are you okay?"

"uhm," chris took a deep breath in, loud enough to the point that lina could hear it through the phone. "promise you won't be like.. ridiculously upset?"

"what?" she perked her head up, now paying full attention to chris. "what happened? what do you mean?"

"i.." he paused. "i think we should break up, lina." his mouth then went dry, as there was a silence that filled the call.

ang immediately let her mouth fall, and soon sniffled after. tears were filling her eyes now, but she wouldn't speak. she had no idea on what to say.

"lina-"

"no." she cut him off, but didn't speak after. the two sat in another moment of silence, an uncomfortable silence that felt like it'd never end.

the next words that angelina could form were.. "on my birthday, chris? why not tomorrow? why not yesterday?" she sniffled once again, and wiped her eyes. "why not.. not at fucking all?"