1 | 𝖡 𝖤 𝖦 𝖨 𝖭 𝖭 𝖨 𝖭 𝖦 𝖲

Start from the beginning

I stepped back letting Hank take the podium as well, "I would like to thank everyone who attended this event tonight and my wonderful Ivory for making it possible. While we may not all see eye to eye I wouldn't be able to achieve such high success without all of you, whether from the states or internationally, thank you." he ended as the crowd cheered once more.

I looked back in the direction that the guy had previously stood only to realize that he no longer stood there, for an odd reason I couldn't help but feel a flush of disappointment. "Ivory, would you like to take the podium once again?" Hank asked as I stepped forward once more.

"For our last honorable recognition of the night, we would like to pay homage to the guy who helped build this foundation many years ago," I add.

"Tonight the winners of the raffle receive a donation to a charity of their choice and a special edition handgun made especially for tonight's event.". Hank walks off the stage as I approach the raffle ticket drum, giving it a generous spin.

I reach my hand into the container grabbing a single slip of paper, written on the ticket is Nadia D'Angelo. "Nadia D'Angelo." I announce as a table in the back cheers loudly as a beautiful woman stands up and walks towards the stage, "Thank you." she says as we both pause to take a quick picture.

"What charity will you be choosing tonight?" I ask as she returns a smile, "The Chicago Children's Research Hospital." she announces as the room claps once again.

The second name was a guy named Deigo Sanchez, "Deigo Sanchez." I announced repeating the same process I had done with Nadia but this time he answered "Funding for the vulnerable and homeless populations."

The night came to an end as everyone's once talkative selves became anti-social, a feeling I had started to feel myself.

When I reapproached the table where my stuff lay Nadia walked up behind me, "So this is an odd question, but I know you are a Viper and it is rumored that you guys are connected with the Ghost. Well, we need them on a job but have no way of contact." Nadia says.

I let out a sigh before continuing in a low voice, "The Vipers aren't connected to her but I am, so if you need me to relay a message I would be more than happy to."

"Yes, please, and thank you again, I guess I'll see you next time this year or whenever we meet again." "Yeah, I'll see you around Nadia," I say as we both walk our separate ways.

I begin my walk toward the bathrooms which are positioned on a long hallway right off the lobby of the venue. Even the bathrooms in this place were over-the-top extravagant, after walking a few steps I saw a back turned toward me.

To my luck the bathrooms were right past him, it wasn't that I was worried we did this every year, but I always felt a little uncomfortable about it all.

I briskly walk past him only for the breath to be sucked out of me by the pull of my wrist, "You look even better up close than you did on that stage." he says wearing a smirk. I scanned my eyes across his face and upper torso before realizing who the man was, he was the guy from the pillar, the one who randomly disappeared.

"You know I saw you looking around after you lost sight of me, that was cute, amore mio," he adds as I feel my cheeks heat up with embarrassment. "You are so cocky, why would I look for a stranger when there are way more important people to look at," I say throwing my finger.

"You're cute when you lie, it gives you such an innocent look." the man adds as this time I've had enough, I can't stop my palm from making contact with his face.

Time seemed to slow as the sound and look of intriguement laced his face, "Did you just hit me?" he questions, "You lucky I only did that." I add as a smile creeps across his face.