Chapter 31

Maddie's POV:

Its Monday, which means school. Yay! 

This weekend was a weird one for me. I had that lovely conversation with dad and I spent Sunday with James on the hilltop which is now our hangout spot. 

I'm in the car with rose and Scarlett and they are currently blasting frozen again. I mean come on, this is the fifth time this week.

I turn the music down and rose glares at me through the mirror.

 "Turn it back up Maddie" I shake my head.

 "Rose hun you don't need it at top volume otherwise your going to make us all deaf" she glares at me and asks her mum for help.

 "Rose Maddie's right as much as we love frozen it's getting a bit loud." Rose sighed angrily but two minutes later started singing again.

Finally (I mean sadly) rose got out the car to go to school and I turned frozen off as soon as the door shut.

 "Play some of your music" Scarlett tells me. I shake my head.

 "We've only got 15 mins to go plus my music isn't really age appropriate" 

 "I'm like double your age, I think I'll be fine" I give in and connect my phone to her car. Let's just play it safe and put my Taylor swift album on.

 "You a swiftie?" She asks me smirking at me. I nod happily. She smiles and hums the words.

 We got to my school and I just stayed sat there staring at the building. I really don't feel like going. I feel a hand touch my shoulder, I flinch back but calmed myself when I realised it was just Scarlett.

 "I know you don't want to go in, but you kinda have to. I'm on set and everyone else is working" I nod my head slowly and get out of the car. Scarlett waves goodbye to me before driving off.

I'm currently sat in my last period, maths. Today has been shit. I got in trouble in Spanish for not participating in the speaking parts. I got in trouble in biology for not participating in the practical. And on top of that I also had to have a little chat with my head of year, about my behaviour in class. 

Maths has been alright so far. I mean not that I've been really listening. I was passed a note from max. 

Dear Madeline.

I'm having a party tonight and your going to come to it. Starts at 8.

Yours dearest, Max 

I turned around to him and have him a thumbs up. 

James smiled at me and told me to wait for him after class.

 "I heard you and James are a couple now" Chloe told me when I turned back around.

 "Yeah we are. Who told you?" I asked confused.

 "Max." Of course he did. I smiled at Chloe and just continued looking out of the window.

 Soon enough the lesson was over and I met James. He walked me over to Scarlett's car. When we got there Scarlett rolled down the window and her and James greeted each other.

 "James do you wanna stay for dinner?" She asks him. He nods and tells us that he will just ask his dad. He walked a few steps away from us whilst he was on the phone.

 "Yeah I can" he says as I open the car door for him and I to get in. I sit in the back with him and rose.

 "James can meet your dad Maddie" WHAT!

 "Wait dad's coming for dinner?" I ask. She nods.

 "Yeah your dad and aunts" she tells me.

 "what about Leo?" 

 " no he can't come something about soccer? "

Ugh I have to now sit through this alone. Well not alone, but still.

We get to the house and in the kitchen are Colin, my dad and aunts all chatting away. Rose and James go off somewhere together.

 I hug my aunt's and dad and greet Colin before sitting next to Becca. I take a sip of her coffee and immediately run to the sink to spit it out.

 "Ew becca that's vile" I sputter. She laughs and smirks at me.

 "That's your own fault for taking my coffee"

 "Why is it so strong?" She just shrugs at me. 

Dad walked over to me and places a red bull in front of me.

 "I got you this. I accidentally bought this and I don't like them so you can have it" I grin at him before excusing myself to go and find James. I could hear my dad ask who James was.

I find him and rose playing dress up and pretending to be having a tea party. He's so good with her. And his laughs seemed so genuine. I stand at the door and snap picture of the two. They both turn there heads towards me and James stands up, grinning at rose. What is he planning?

He lifts me in the air and puts me on his shoulders. I cry out and rose just stands there giggling.

 "PUT ME DOWN. PUT ME DOWN" he laughs and slowly puts me back on the floor nearly dropping me. 

 "Your going to delete that photo" he say smirking.

 "Sure, sure" I said. 

Rose leaves and tells us she's going to annoy her mum. I smile and nod at that before going to my room. 

Dad yells up the stairs.

 "Madeline. Door open please" James laughs and I shout an okay.

 We lie in my bed watching nativity. I'm trying to get James to watch all of the British tv I love and nativity is one of the best films out there. So far we've watched the first nativity and now we're on the second.

So far I've not really been listening to the film and just staring at my wall. James had turned the tv off and takes my hand. I stare at him and smile.

 "The wall entertaining" he jokes. I nod.

 " Yep! " he smiles at me and just stared into my eyes.

 "Your eyes are green and blue. I never noticed that. I always thought that they were just green"I nod my head. I get my eyes from Scarlett. Although my dad does have blue eyes so I guess I also get that from him.

"And your eyes are hazel" I say smirking.

"Yes there basic" I shake my head.

"No your eyes are pretty" he smiles at me. I kiss his lips and I feel his lips kiss mine. I move closer towards him and he puts his hands on my waist pulling me even closer. Before anything else happens, I hear someone walk up the stairs so I quickly move away and he puts the film back on.

Charlie knocks on the door telling us that dinner is ready. When she leaves, I look at James and start laughing. He smiles and stands up pulling me with him. He kisses me quickly on the lips before going downstairs. I follow him and we sat in the dining room.

 Time for the million questions game with my dad!

______________________________________________

I DON'T LIKE THIS CHAPTER BUT OH WELL 

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘