Chapter 1, Results

Chance’s POV

I head back towards the suite the group was using during the conference. My friends Adam and Eric were enjoying a competitive video game. I had to chuckle at their antics,

“Have you guys eaten yet?”

 Eric chuckles, as he makes a move on the screen in the game. Though this move gets him killed, I had to chuckle who would of thought that one question would cause him to mess up.

“Ewww… You made me mess up! Idiot!” I had to laugh, I shake my head. I pat him on the shoulder,

“All I did was ask you a question…. It was on you about the mess up.” Now Adam starts laughing,

“He’s right. We have eaten. Have you, Chance?” I quietly nod, as I sit next to the guys watching the game.

“Yes, I had a wonderful dinner with two attorneys..” Adam looks at me with a questionable glance,

“Who would that be? You were there for quite awhile.” Adam inquires with interest, before I was able to answer his mother Janet came into the room.

“Boys, just play for another hour, then lights out. You three need to be rested for tomorrow.” The three of us nod with a smile,

“Sure Mrs. Smith, Mom. We’ll stop in time.”

We all chime in, as Eric and I challenge each other in a round. It was back and forth for quite awhile. Then Eric took the lead, causing me to die in the end. I frown, but it had been a good release for the emotions that were swelling inside of my heart. After the game, we went to our separate rooms.

The next morning, after breakfast we head towards the morning seminar. I sat with Adam during it. He went with me to the continuation of the class I attended the day before. But this time, Rylan Thompson was teaching. After the class, I walk up to him.

“Mr. Thompson, this class was good. I hate to ask, but when we would get the test results?” Rylan clears his throat,

“Chance, please call me Rylan. I’m hoping to have the results by this afternoon. If not, by tomorrow at the latest. As soon I have the results, we’ll let you know. Caleb will be here for the afternoon class, he had to be in court this morning.” I nod, then head out of the door where I met up with Adam and Eric for the free time until the afternoon class.

When I went to the afternoon class at 2pm, as stated from Rylan Caleb was there to teach the different area of family area. It was a great class. I had got an idea of which area I want to study. To handle criminal aspect of family law. When the class was over, I went up to Uncle Caleb to speak with him.

“Caleb, I have a question.” Caleb arches his brow, as he gathers up his belongings.

“Proceed. What’s on your mind?” I clear my voice,

“Is there a criminal aspect with family law?” I see a slight smile, as he puts things into his briefcase.

“You love excitement. Do you desire to represent the victim or the defendant?” Caleb asks with a lot of interest, knowing that my father usually represents the defendant. I cock my head sideways, with a small smile. I shift on my heels as I speak.

“I want to represent the victim. Yes, money is nice and all, but I hate to see the victim get walk all over. Then the attorney gets a bundle of money afterwards.” Caleb seems delighted at my words,

“I like your heart, and where your mind is. That seems to be a good path to follow. Come to class tomorrow, that will be cover in more detail. Could you have dinner with me tomorrow night?” I nod, figuring out the results weren’t ready.