Chapter 6, Reconcile

Chance's POV

“Welcome home son.” Hearing those words from Caleb, nearly brought tears to my eyes. I swallow the lump in my throat,

“Thank you.”

I mumble as Caleb hugs me, I try so hard to push  the tears back. Caleb gives me a warm smile, The driver name Alex took my luggage to put in the trunk. I put myself in the back beside the both of them. Caleb smiles warmly, as I sit there seeing the outside view.

“How are you feeling, Chance?” I swallow the tears that were threatening to fall, I finally was able to speak.

“I am grateful to be here. i'm afraid that Carson will try to take me back. Life wasn’t bad there… Just way too many secrets for my liking. I hate that I was a pawn in his grudge against you. That has nothing to do with me.” I see Caleb furrow his brow, as he runs his hand over his face.

“Chance, you're correct. This grudge has nothing to do with you. We've tried to not play his game. Just defend ourselves, though it's uneasy to realize when he and your cousins would visit. He knew you were alive, he let us grieve your loss. it's an outrage.” I could feel anger come from Caleb, I felt the need to reassure him.

“I don't want to see Carson right now. I don't hate him, but I am very angry with him. i'm where I need to be.” Dakota gives me a hug, I couldn't stop the tears that finally fell. Dakota continues to hold me, as Caleb clears his throat.

“My dear boy, don't worry and let your feelings out. We're here for you. Talk to us, we're here for you.” I nod quietly, as Caleb wipes away my tears.

“I'm sorry about all of this. I thought I had gotten my feelings under control.” Dakota rubs my back to comfort, when she softly speaks.

“I'm sure what you're feeling is intense. it's alright. Your siblings Catlin and Drake are excited about meeting you. They're going to meet us at the restraunt. If you're alright with that?”  I sit up with a rueful smile,

“Yes, it'll be good to meet them. I just don't need them to see me so emotional right now. Actually I hadn't planned on this being emotional.” Caleb squeezes my shoulder,

“We realize this is all new to you. We're here to support and guide you the best we can.”

 I nod trying to understand where they were coming from, we pull into the restraunt that was Dave & Busters. I knew it was going to be a time of fun. A good way to break the ice for all of us. When we enter the restraunt, there was a young teenage girl and boy waiting for someone.

Caleb walks up to them, both of their eyes light up. I turn towards Dakota, whispering in her ear.

“Is that my siblings?” Her face lit up nodding, squeezing my arm.

“Yes, let's go meet them.” Dakota leads me over to Caleb and the teenagers, Caleb smiles at us.

“Chance, these are your siblings, Catlin and Drake. Kids, this is your brother. Chance.” The two teenagers smile and give a small wave. Catlin speaks up first,

“We're glad you here. Sorry it took so long for you to get back to us. Don't mind Drake, he's a little on the shy side.” Drake exhales loudly,

“No, i'm not! I just want to give Chance a little space, not to be hit by a ambush.” I had to chuckle, he seems to figure people out pretty quickly. **

Chance's POV

After I chuckle, I state.

“It's no big deal, I appreciate the thought. This place is full of fun. Let's get a table and go from there.” The hostess takes us to a table in the quiet table close, yet private enough to the play area. A waitress comes up to take our drinks, after writing down our drinks,