Chapter 3.7: Unwanted reunion (Edited)

Start from the beginning

Y/n: (confuse) "I could never even imagine that you wanted...(cut)"

Hyejin: (interrupting) "Yes Y/n, I wanted you to lose. I wanted to show the world that Kim Y/n can also lose. She is not perfectionist as everyone think she has flaws too"

Y/n: (teary eyes) "But why? That was class competition for God's sake, if you win or I win wasn't that same thing? Isn't my victory being yours too?"

Hyejin: (firm) "No, Y/n, my victory was only in your defeat. I've faced the same thing since childhood. Everyone praised you; it felt like I had no identity of my own. Even my mom would compare us and then force me to study all day. The only way I could have beaten you was by winning. I wanted to prove to everyone that Hyejin is also smart, hardworking, and better than Kim Y/n, but no one ever gave her a chance. It was just Y/n, Y/n, Y/n. Korea's smartest girl but no Y/n now enough that day I wanted to change this thing."

Y/n: (guilty) "If you had so much on your mind, why didn't you talk to me and sort it out? Why bring that stupid competition between us? If you had told me this earlier, I wouldn't have participated in the first place."

Hyejin: (angry) "You started it, Y/n. Everything came between us because of you. Even Jay and Jake were just your supporters. I was also one of you, right? Then why did I always feel excluded in your group? They always used to stick by your side. And that competition, you denied participating, so I stepped in. But then you joined, out of nowhere, and the coach removed my name. I had to plead to get back in. Even my parents don't think I'm worthy compared to you."

Y/n: (Trying to explain) "Hyejin I...I..(cut)"

Hyejin: (angry) "Enough, Y/n! Enough of your drama of fake friendship but not anymore. Since that day only I decided to achieve something greater than you but that was not possible I only had one option to leave, Leave school and You. I wanted to show my parents I am worthy too, I can win too, I am also smart and capable."

Y/n: (disgusted) 'You know what, till now, I was guilty and questioning myself. That where did I go wrong that you started hating me. But now, I think it was all for good. Instead of having an emotionless and selfish friend, I am better off alone.'

As your words echoed in the room, a wave of anger swept over everyone present. Some gritted their teeth, while others clenched their fists in frustration. Without hesitation, Hyejin raised her hand and slapped you across the face.

The unexpected slap stunned you, leaving you momentarily speechless. As you struggled to regain your composure, you realized that someone had started recording the incident. You were soaked from falling into the pool, and your wet uniform clung to your body, making your undergarments visible. It was a humiliating moment, made worse by the shock of the slap. You looked up at Hyejin, disbelief and hurt written all over your face. Never in your life had anyone raised a hand to you, not even your own family.

Y/n: (angry) "How dare you slap me!"

You raised your hand to retaliate, but Hyejin pushed you forcefully, causing you to stumble and fall to the ground. Before you could regain your footing, Hyejin swiftly moved beside you, pinning both of your hands firmly against your chest.

Hyejin (starts chuckling): 'You sure are gutsy. I wanted to go easy on you, but you seemed to be thick-skinned.'

Y/n: (angry) 'Leave me, Hyejin. Or else it will not be good for you.'

You were struggling hard to get out of her grip, but your cheek was burning from that slap, and Hyejin held your hand so tight that it started leaving red marks on it.

Hyejin: 'As you can see, Y/n, in this room right now, there is no one to help you because you broke the trust of every person present here, and everyone here hates you. So, you should really think about the reason why nobody here likes you.'