Chapter 223: A Welcome Face (2)

Start from the beginning

"You've heard it all."

It seems like she heard everything about the events that happened while she was taking the entrance test. There doesn't seem to be a need for a separate explanation.

"But you seem to have changed a lot during that time, haven't you? Your hair has grown longer, and you seem taller. Did you put on perfume or something?"

"It's not perfume. I received divine power at the temple, and the fragrance started emanating from me since then."

"Really? Then it must be the scent of lilacs. Luminous's favored disciples emit the scent of lilacs, or so I heard."

Nicole mentioned the incidents that she heard about at the mansion so far, but I have no idea about her current situation. Soon after, various stories from both of us poured out.

Thanks to her, I heard about what kind of entrance tests the Navy Knights go through and how tough they are. Just hearing about it was enough to make my teeth chatter. Plus, there was also talk related to my older brother, Dave, who was the first to head to the Navy Knights. It's natural to be curious when there's absolutely no news.

"Dave oppa has already shed his trainee badge. They have high hopes for his future within the Knights, and they're pushing him forward. Of course, having our father's influence also helps, but he's working hard consistently."

"I see. But why isn't he taking a vacation? Let him know that the youngest sibling will be upset when he comes back later."

"He... I'll pass on the message, but taking a vacation is difficult for him. The Navy Knights are so elite that each member is crucial."

As I listened to the explanation, I briefly looked Nicole up and down. As Navy Knights who can proudly call themself the best in the Minerva Empire, their uniform was impeccable. Furthermore, the navy-blue uniform that matched her hair color made her look even more stunning. With just that uniform, she looked impressive enough to have a reason to join the Navy Knights.

"But, seriously, your uniform is incredibly cool. Don't people admire it whenever they pass by?"

"A little bit?"

Nicole proudly puffed out her chest. It's no wonder she was proud of herself; being in the Navy Knights would undoubtedly instill a great sense of pride.

And Nicole had every right to feel that way. From her days as a cadet, she was a standout among the most skilled, comparable to a knight.

While looking at Nicole with admiration, I subtly shifted my gaze towards the clock. Time had swiftly passed, over 30 minutes had flown by, and it was already past 4 o'clock.

Staying in the dorm like this wasn't ideal, but it was too early for dinner. Nevertheless, wanting to spend some quality time with my dear older sister, whom I hadn't seen for a long time, we planned to have dinner together.

"Are you planning to stay for a few days?"

"I'll probably head back in about three days. It's quite a journey from the capital to the border area."

"Good to hear. Let's have dinner together tonight then. I'll let the others know."

"No, I'll just have dinner with some acquaintances today. I'll have time tomorrow too. Before that..."

Nicole started to speak hesitantly, glancing at me with a slightly cloudy expression. It was evident that she was torn between whether to say something or not, and her hesitation was palpable.

At first, I was bewildered, not understanding why she was behaving this way. However, what she said next clarified everything for me.

"Well... how is Adelia? Is she doing well in her role as a bodyguard?"