1

I'd like to thank @LucyLovesR5 because this lovely girly gave me the idea for the story, tysm 💕💕 my new story 'Inevitable' will also be starting this week and iT ISNT AN AU I HAVENT DONE THAT IN 7 MONTHS

Ross Lynch

All eyes were drawn to me as my phone rang obnoxiously loud. The frowns upon the faces of these businessmen deepened, whilst Zack smirked.

"Are you going to take it?" One of them spoke, irritated at the interruption.

"Sorry- what?" I barked, not looking at the caller.

"Bad timing?"

"Like usual" I pursed my lips and my wife giggled but then grunted. "What's up?"

"Ross, what time is it?"

"Charlie I'm in a meeting-"

"Tell me fucking time"

"10:47, why?!" I hissed quietly.

"I'm going into labour"

All the blood rushed from my face. "What? Right now"

"Yes right now- ow oh my god- I'm driving to the hospital, I have everything with me- holy shit I'm going to die!" She cried in pain.

"Y-You do that, I'll meet you right there" I hung up and shot out of my seat. "Can we reschedule this?"

"Dude, where are you going?!" Zack called as I was half out the door.

I slowed down, taking it in. "Charlie's having the baby"

"YES GET IN THERE BOY!" He whooped and even the grumpy looking fellas had a smile on their faces. I gave them thumbs up before personally running down the 26 floors via the stairs as the elevator was taking its time.

"Let's go have this baby! Woo!" I exclaimed once in the car. "That didn't sound right..."

+++

"Wife, baby, having-"

"Excuse me, sir?" The receptionist gave me an odd look.

I ran a hand through my hair, speaking through gritted teeth. "My wife is I labour. Where do I go?"

"Maternity is that way, follow the pink arrow" she pointed and I dashed off.

I have no doubt that I looked like I came fresh out of New York; I was running, in a suit, yelling for people to move out of my way. But I couldn't be stopped right now.

"Charlotte Ly-"

The nurse I pulled over pointed at the door beside the one we were standing at. If I wasn't so flustered, I would have burst out laughing- but it looks like I wasn't flustered enough as I was breathless from laughing.

"YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP THIS IS YOUR FUCKING FAULT FOR FUCKING KNOCKING ME UP YOU WEAK-ASS FUCK BOY- ahh my god the contractions" her adorable face scrunched up in pain. I walked to her side and offered her my hand, and it's safe to say the 5'4 bundle of joy almost crushed it. "I can't do this nope- call off the birth, she can wait another week"

"If only it was that easy babe-" I joked and she only squeezed my hand harder. "Why do I feel like your insides are going to come out with our baby also"

"Most likely-"

The midwife was 'in the zone'. "PUSH!"

Charlie pushed, a little more than she should, falling unconscious. I held my throbbing hand as nurses crowded her, yelling multiple medical terms and basically shoving me out.

The same midwife came out with me. "Please wait here sir, we're just trying to stabilise her. She's quite short so we may have to go for a Caesarian but we'll keep you updated"

I sat down defeated, and waited for what seemed years. People passing by with their newborns gave me encouraging smiles, and one even said 'it was going to be the best moment of my life'- I didn't doubt her for one second, I can't wait to hold my daughter.

The name list is pretty long, but the two main choices are Hayley and Aria.

After four hours of just thinking, pacing, drinking water, peeing, keeping Mom updated and playing Temple Run, a hand fell on my shoulder. The same midwife, only covered in sweat, smiled and beckoned me in.

To my luck, Charlie was indeed awake and holding our child. I walked over in awe. "She's adorable"

"She looks like an exact copy of you" she whispered, but then frowned. "She's not breathing"

"Can we take her for a second?" The midwife hurriedly said, removing the little girl from Charlie's arms and taking off. I attempted to follow her but it was to no use as she ran straight into the children's ICU.

I walked back to Charlie's room, who was freaking out. Without a word, I held her in my arms as well as I could, "It will all work out, I promise"