12

I woke up in the room, I looked around, finding an elderly woman in a white coat

"Hello, my dear, how are you feeling?" She says with a thick Arabic accent.

"I'm fine, who are you if you don't mind me asking?"

"Of course not, sweetheart, ask me anything." She says, chucking at my question.

"I'm doctor Amari, I have been the doctor for your family for the past 28 years."

"Now, why don't you tell me what happened to you, my dear?" She said sweetly.

"I haven't eaten in the morning. It's probably just some weakness. I'll be better when I have some food in me." I said, hoping she'll believe me.

"Well I may be old, but I am not dumb, my dear you did not just faint because of not having anything in your system, it looks a lot like you had a panic attack."

"Let's not forget all the bruising on your body, so why don't you tell me what really happened so that I can take care of you, sweetheart."

I felt the remaining color on my face leaving as I listened to her.

"I did not give you any type of consent to check my body while I'm unconscious."

"I don't need your consent I have the consent of your father my dear and don't worry, I was the main doctor for your birth, there is nothing I don't know about you sweetheart."

"There is nothing to be scared of honey you can tell me what happened."

"Listen to me I don't give a fuck about who you are, but you have no right to tell them anything that is not your business, so please I'm begging you don't."

She came closer and sat down beside me.

"Who hurt my little princess?" She said, with tears in her eyes.

"Please, just leave." I said, trying not to cry.

"I'll hope you'll be able to tell me what happened to you one day." She sadly said and closed the door behind her, leaving me in this room all to my hollow mind.

The boys and I have been outside of her room for almost 20 minutes, and the urge to rip the door off is growing by every minute

When I saw Cristian carrying her limp body in, I thought my heart stopped beating for a minute, I couldn't breathe.

It felt like the day I had lost her.

Finally, the door opened, revealing doctor Amari.

"How is she?"

"She is fine it's just weakness and stress, she told me she hasn't eaten something yet so I suggest you guys to make sure gets something inside of her or else she'll be passing out again."

"I'll make sure, thank you, Farah."

"No problem, Santiago, just take care of our little princess." She said, leaving the boys and me alone.

I went inside the room, seeing her pale and fragile frame staring into the space.

"Aurelia, how are you feeling?" I asked, pulling her out of her space.

"I'm fine." Short and dry response.

"What would you like to eat something?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Peanut, you can eat your food that you packed up."Cristián said.

"Sure."

Her eyes were dull, and she looked like she just wanted to be anywhere else but here.

"Hey Peanut, don't look so sad, just eat something, and you are as good as new, and maybe you'd like to play something with me and the others?"

Lorenzo asked, trying to lighten the mood, but that didn't really work.

"I would really like to get some sleep, if that's okay?"

She said so unsure and nervous, like we would eat her if she did say no.

"No, of course that's fine, we'll just play something tomorrow."

Cristian bought her the food, and we all left her alone, letting her rest. 

I went up to my office, trying to focus on something else.

A couple of hours went by.

I was so caught up in my work that's when I looked at the clock it's almost 10pm, so I decided to go and get some rest.

Passing the hall, I heard screaming, pulling all the exhaustion out of me. I grabbed my gun following the screams.

Getting closer made me realize that they were coming from Aurelia's room. The panic rose in me, I tucked the gun away, not wanting to scare her.

I pushed the door open, only to see nothing but her, who was clearly having a nightmare.

"Don't please, I'm sorry, mommy."

"Mommy help me, please mommy."

"No!" She screamed

My heart broke at the sight in front of me, seeing my little cry and scream in her sleep, looking so hopeless. Feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest and the worst thing is that I can do nothing. I have to watch her suffer, because I'm just a stranger to as any other person to her.

Just because we are related to one another that doesn't make us a family, we have a long way to go.

I feel someone step beside me.

"I thought someone was in here."

Cristián said, standing beside me.

"No, she is just having a nightmare."

"Please leave me, I'll never be bad again."
She cried out. 

"What did mother do to her?" He asked, scared of the question he asked.

"I don't know hijo, but I'm sure one day she'll tell us."

•—————————————————————•

See you guys the next time, you know the drill vote and comment if you liked the chapter byeeeee. 💃🏽