08

I was jolted awake by the sound of my ringing phone, quickly turning on the light to answer

It was my father on the line.

"Fernando, I need you to listen carefully to me," he began urgently.

"What's going on?" I asked, my heart rate rising with concern.

"Cristián and I found your sister, Aurelia," he revealed.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Could you repeat that? I think I'm still asleep," I stammered.

"Pull yourself together, Fernando. I'm telling you the truth," he insisted. "We're on our way back to New York, and I need you to wake up Lorenzo and Ramón so they don't mess anything up when we arrive."

My mouth felt as dry as the Sahara desert. It was a dream come true, one I never dared to believe would actually happen. We had been searching for Aurelia for almost 16 years, and now she was finally found.

"Fernando!" my father's voice snapped me back to reality.

"Give me the phone," Cristián's voice came through. "I know this is a lot, but I need you to make sure Lorenzo and Ramón are on their best behavior."

"I already talked to Pablo. In an hour or two, there will be more guards around the mansion," my father added.

"I'll make sure everything goes smoothly," I assured them.

"Is she with you guys?" I asked, my fear palpable.

"Yes, she's sleeping," they confirmed.

"Okay," I replied, still trying to process the news.

The call ended, and I quickly made my way to Lorenzo's room. As I entered, I was met with an unexpected sight—a girl on her knees before him.

"Lorenzo!" I yelled, my anger boiling over.

Startled by my outburst, Lorenzo looked at me in shock. "Get the hell out of my room," he ordered the girl, hastily putting on his pants.

"Now, what's going on with you?" he asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

"This has to stop. You can't bring any girls here again," I reprimanded him firmly.

"What do you mean? Dad said it's fine as long as he doesn't see or hear them," Lorenzo protested.

"Well, I just talked to Cristián and Pops, and they're on their way back home," I revealed, frustration evident in my tone.

"Where did they go to?" Lorenzo asked, his confusion evident.

"Lorenzo, they found her," I replied quietly.

I watched as the color drained from his face, leaving him pale and shocked.

Silence engulfed us, thick and heavy.

Neither of us spoke, our minds reeling from the news. We simply stood there, stunned into silence.