01

Waking up like usual, I found myself aching in pain

I got up from the mattress that laid on the floor like I was homeless, when in fact I do live under a roof.

For how much longer, I ask myself, this question every day as I open my eyes again and again and still I'm stuck here with nothing but pain.

I made sure not to make any sound and made my way to the kitchen to start cleaning the mess from last night that they had left again.

After I cleaned everything, I started making breakfast for them, so they would let me go to school. 

I would rather go to school, where I'm somewhat safe and have a little peace left, than be here where I know I will get beaten up till I'm unconscious.

I wake up every day, asking myself what I did to deserve this. Not only that, but I had long given up on my relationship with God, because I prayed for so many years to be saved, but all I got in return were more broken bones. 

I waited until my mother and her wreck of a husband made an appearance, saying nothing. They both started shuffling the food down their throats like they've been starved for years.

When the only person in this shithole of a home that was barely living was me, but then again I had long given up on coming out of here alive.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even hear him getting behind me until he squeezed my neck.

Dario, my step-brother, squeezed my throat with such pressure that my vision started to fade. I was quietly hoping for the end to finally come.

I cursed at my real father who never bothered to see if his daughter was ever alive or if she at least had a decent life.

Instead, all I heard about him were just the things my mother had told me when I was little.

That she had left him because he cheated on her throughout all of their marriage, and that he would beat her till she was unconscious.

Well, that turned out well, didn't it? She may have left him for those reasons, but she lets her own flesh and blood get through what she has been through.

He finally let go of my throat when my mother said something, making me fall onto the floor. Instead of crying, I was trying to catch my breath.

Because I knew better than to cry in front of them. It's like bleeding in front of a shark. And to my surprise, they left me alone after that, so I crawled back into my room.

If you can even call that a room, it's the most disgusting room in the house and of course I get to live there.

I put on a black, somewhat clean-looking hoodie that covered my neck where an ugly bruise was making its appearance.

I dragged my bag with me because I couldn't really put much pressure onto my back. The reason for that was my stepfather, who had kicked me last night for forgetting his whiskey.

Not wanting to remember all of that, I looked around to see that I was a good distance away from this hellhole, at least for a while now.

So I finally let my breath go that I didn't even realize I was holding, because now I knew that I have 8 hours to escape my reality.

I slowly walked to school, not like I could walk any faster anyway. I made it on time and sat myself in the last row where nobody would see me. 

The people in this school didn't really bother me, not like they even acknowledged my presence anyway.

But there are 3 people who bothered me only when they would see me. That's why I try to hide from them, but sometimes they would drag me out of my hideouts and beat me.

They call it releasing stress.

Those 3 weren't just anyone, they were the friends of my step-brother, including him. Four people were terrorizing my little peace that I have left.

But one of his friends usually doesn't even touch me. It is Alex, he is the one who always says to the others that it's enough. But then again, he doesn't bother that much to inform a teacher or someone else.

So quite frankly, he is just as shitty as the rest of them. Even if he doesn't beat me, he also doesn't really try to help.

I came out of my thoughts when I realized I was still in class. The teacher was talking some nonsense and nobody was paying attention. I was just dying to get some sleep.

When the bell finally rang, I waited for everyone to leave the room, so I wouldn't get noticed by anyone. But they don't notice me anyway. I made my way to my spot in the library, hoping that he wouldn't bother me today.

But as always, life wasn't taking my side and just as I was closing my eyes, I was picked up by two strong hands who grabbed me by my arms.

"What do you think you're doing, Aurelia?"

He said my name with so much disgust.

"Answer me!"

"I was getting some rest." I said so lowly while stuttering, you would have almost missed it.

"Didn't you hear what I said this morning?"

I didn't. I didn't get a single word he was barking at me this morning, but how could I when I was this close to passing out.

Before I got a chance to say something, he had already pressed me onto the floor with him on top of me, and today he was alone.

"I will be waiting for you at home, so don't come late." He said into my ear while licking my earlobe. I wanted to die, because I don't know for how much longer I will be able take this.

So yeah, this is my wonderful life, and I'm just hoping that the day comes soon when I can finally let go of all this pain.

•————————————————————–•

See you next the time, you now the drill vote and comment if you liked the chapter byeeee. 💃🏽