T H I R T Y F O U R

Start from the beginning

"You Jisoo, you have a worth. My Y/n, she's priceless. I can buy anything, of any worth. Even you. But her, I need to beg for her, she's the only one I'd put myself down for."

She stopped for a second. She must have noticed the humiliation, which she deserved.

"My payment?"

"Check your email. And did you-"

"Yes I gave Hoseok slow poison. It won't kill him but will turn a small scratch into a deep cut. It's working, his injuries."

"Good. Get on the next thing. Bring my beloved hyung here."

I hung up.

Hoseok-

I walked out of the airport and the warm breeze of the new land touched my body, heart beating loudly, carrying my most important intention. I decided before coming here, I will go home with Y/n or never return back. Without her I'm just a meaningless, soulless body. Destroying myself would be better than not saving her.

The phone buzzed in my pant's pocket and I grabbed it, attaching it to my ear as my head moved to seek someone I was expecting.

"I'm at Terminal 2, just outside. Yeah, yeah, okay."

The voice told me to wait until I get another call from them, not move an inch, not talk to anyone, not to act suspicious. I got their contact from Namjoon, basically stole it after reading their text message because I trusted them. They know my situation and about Y/n. It isn't like I don't trust Namjoon, I was just tired of asking for help. She is my wife, I am her protector.

Hang on Y/n, I didn't failed, I won't this time.

Finally I got another missed call and three black SUV parked in front of me. A man in black suit came outside and handled my luggage as I hopped inside the not-so-suspicious vehicle.

A hand came towards me and the voice said,"Nice to meet you Mr. Jung, I'm Choi Juhee."

I accepted the handshake with a slight smile while hers was big, decorated with dimple.

"Nice to meet you. To be fair, I didn't expected a..."

"A women? I understand. It's tough to imagine a women in this deadly profession.", she giggled understanding my concern and not feeling a bad about it.

"Strange how women can be the pawn here but it's tough for us to imagine them as the queens.", I sighed.

"True Mr. Jung. But for us everyone is just a player, not a man or a woman."

She cleared her throat and pointed her legs towards me while her dimples disappeared and her expressions turned serious.

"Now Mr. Jung, I have two things to tell you. First, you aren't allowed to make any move unless we tell you and same goes for us. It's mutual so we need to work AND win on rules. And the second one, I cannot guarantee you will return back alive HOWEVER, I do guarantee your wife will."

"I understood."

"Good. Any questions?"

"Umm...", I could think of only one question.

"Have you met her?", I wanted her to say yes, I begged for her to say yes.

"Yes, I did."

I let out the breath I was holding since so long. I wanted to ask so much. How is she? Is she okay? Could she still smile? Were her eyes, her hair, her lips still smell like me as they did before and...and Can she forgive me for something unforgiven, for not being there?

"She...ho...how is she?", I didn't knew she could notice my eyes turning soft and glossy.

"I won't lie because I shouldn't. Physically, she was okay, though I noticed her puffed eyes, a scar on forehead, a new one maybe, her shaking hands, the fear in her eyes whenever they encountered Jimin's but still her eyes had a rage in them. I could see her heart crying out for you. I could hear her tears. Mentally she is weak and needs you, only you."

My eyes finally freed that drop of tear struggling on the edge, lips stumbling with the heaviness of guilt.
"Tell me more..."

"She is just admiring, soft spoken with a heart of steal. Well mannered, self respected, a little evil. She's ike an ocean. Better to be admired from afar, she'll throw you on the shore if hurt. I promise to she'll be with you, you'll do it yourself."

"But why are YOU helping me? Aren't you... a mafia too?"

"Let's be real. I'm Jimin's childhood best friend. But I-"

"Wait, WHAT?", As shocking as it sounds, as real it was. Friends? Foes? It's just an eye for an eye here.

"Yeah. I am a mafia, of course. BUT, I do work with Italian Crime Department too. Not everything is legal there too. Not everything is illegal here too.", she giggled like she was explaining her everyday routine. She actually was.

"Legal, illegal, Italy, Korea. I don't give a shit. I just care for only one person, my wife."

"That's what I wanted to hear.", she said proudly.

Author-

This part guys... My favourite one so far. The roller coaster of emotions god!!!!
Let's see what next one has in it.

Take care 💕