E I G H T

You came back home. Everyone was exhausted but had a smile on their face.
"I'm gonna make dinner for us.", Hoseok got up from the couch.
"Hold on! Hold on! We want food, real food.", you said looking at your daughter.
"Order something mom, he's a bad cook.", she said folding her arms.
"Hey, you too, I will prove myself.", he said pointing at both of you.

"Okay so what will you cook?"
"Instant ramen.", he said in a proud tone. You and Minji broke into laughter.

"Hey!"

"It's okay Hoseok, I'll order something. You're exhausted.", you said still giggling at his 'skilled cooking choice'.

Hoseok was about to say something when he got a call. The call made his big smile fade away.

"Who is it?"

He didn't replied or even looked at you. He went inside to address it. Your happy feelings are again drifted away by the waves of concern.

The food you ordered came, but Hoseok still didn't. You knew you shouldn't eavesdrop on him because he wouldn't have left the room if he wanted you to listen. But the silence was concerning. It was started by you so it should also be handled by you.

Finally Hoseok came.

"Hobi what did-"

"Oh the food! Let's eat y'all."
You didn't questioned again.

"What is it? What's so confidential?"

You never knew when Hoseok become a pro at hiding his feelings. Or maybe he was never hiding, it was you who didn't payed attention. Whatever it was, you promised to make everything alright again, you have to.

Minji was exhausted so she slept early. You also went to the bedroom and laid down facing the window. The city lights were shining up the dark sky, fading many starts. You closed your eyes.

After a moment you felt someone pulling you from the waist. You were startled at first but you knew it was him.

"Can we cuddle?", Hoseok asked burying his face in your neck.

"My leg."

"I know, I'm not a kid."

"Hoseok?"

"Hm?"

"It's been so long since we touched each other like this. Why were we like that?"

"I know but it's now in the past. Don't think much about it. Let's focus on us now. I'll never be Hoseok again, I'll always be your Hobi now."

"It's in the past." But past haunts. Memories won't leave you.

"Now, can we?"

"Okay."

He held your waist tightly and started to kiss the back of your neck. His hands were slowly moving over your stomach, making you tickle a bit. He pulled you to face him and moved his lips over yours. Suddenly, you felt scared. You remembered Jimin, his touch. Hoseok's touch was reminding you of Jimin, how he would always touch you by the waist. His kiss, his breath, his eyes, his skin.

You pushed Hoseok and sat up. Hoseok was confused and you were too.

"What- Is everything okay? Your leg?", he asked placing his hands on your shoulder.

"Yeah Hobi, It is-is alright."

"What happened?", his hands moved to your cheeks.

"Hoseok I ju-just remembered Jimin. He-"

"Did he-?", he asked clenching his jaw.

"No, no, it's just that I still remember his touch. I am sorry b-but I can't help it I-", you started crying.