★ 30 | ... ★

"Morning" I smiled, wrapping a quick kiss around his lips before ruffling the sleeves of my robe up to my arms. "When are you coming back?" He sighs, and takes a sip of the black coffee, its strong smell getting caught in between the air around us.

"Around 2? I won't take long, plus-" I went on, looping my hands around his hips and pulling him in closer, "I feel like taking you out."

"finally," he laughs and I stick my tongue out.

"What do you mean finally, you little-" I pinch his cheek playfully and wrap another kiss around his cheek. Yeah, of course it's obvious that I don't want to leave. But I have class today, and well...it's no excuse if I keep missing days of class.

"Go on," he rolls his eyes and opens the door for my exit, ouch, I sigh. "Kicking me out so soon?" I laugh and he nods, shrugging his shoulders. "You're a hassle, I need some peace and quiet sometimes."

I'm a hassle!?

"You're not gonna miss me?" I coo, easing my posture and tilting closer to his face, pressing my cheek lightly with my index. Kiss me, I gesture and he raises his brow.

"Not really"

"Not even a, have a good day at work honey?" I pout and rock a hand through my hair, it's obvious that he doesn't want to give me a kiss. But god, do I want one bad.

"I'm not your 50's wife, Craig."  He plants an index finger on my forehead and pushes me back, I shrug and think about it for a second before talking.

"Could be"

"Just go to work dumbass," he plants a soft kiss on my lips, and I smile. I lean in for another but he pushes his hands on my mouth, signaling to the door. It's been open for quite some while, causing the temperature inside to drop. He's right, but do I have to?

"Isn't Tolkien, Jimmy or your friends waiting for you!? Just go jeez! You're gonna be late" he pushes me out the door and I look back, stealing a quick kiss before he slams the door in my face. "I love you too!" I yell and he knocks the door twice. "Yeah yeah, GO!"

right, I look ahead and make my way down, it's snowy alright. But tolerable, every step beyond my apartment makes me fall weak. I wish I could just go back, but I know I can't because I know he'll pinch me for staying. The wind isn't as strong as yesterday, but it feels nice.

A fresh breeze of wind to the air, to warm the little chill in my heart. I'm dizzy, because I can't get him off my mind. I shouldn't be such a dummy, but I can't help it.

The walk there is quiet, by now I would've met Tolkien or Clyde by the path, but today. It's a little too quiet, despite the whistle around the trees. I took another path today, it's by the lake. I don't know why I took this path. But it feels nice, peaceful.

But, you ever get that feeling.
That you're being watched. From everywhere.

It's sudden but my body stops mid-walk, everything goes quiet and the world seems just a little too quiet. Since when has the world been this...quiet?

I'm closer to the church, but the closer I get, the more I feel restrained. Stuck to the ground, I'm scared of something I don't even know of. I'm looking around because I'm hoping to at least see one of my friends, or atleast one of Kenny's friends give me a quick smile, but it's empty.

Should I text Tolkien? Or Clyde? I take out my phone and look down at the screen, I don't have any calls from my friends, so I take a deep breath in. I text Clyde just in case to make sure, I just want to make sure that he's made it to church in time.

"Clyde u at church?" I text and his profile pops up, "nah, it's closed, we were emailed to stay back home" he responds back and leaves the chat, I'm guessing he's busy. But to stay back home, today? Why?