Hint of Jealousy

Skipping to the weekend, the university is having a welcome back social for the student body.  Finally having some girl time with her roommate and best friend Kia, Olivia has filled her in on her first a Dr run in with the star freshman wide receiver, Spencer James. Girl, the way that man looks at you during dance practice, there is not one ounce of hate for you on his part.

First of all K, he is a boy and not a man. Secondly, I have never meet anyone so rude and arrogant as WR James. I mean from the first time I met him, he acted as if I was the worst human in the world. He knows nothing about me and vice versa, so you can shut that though down. Just when I though it could not get any worst, we are in the same English Lit Class and guess who decided to sit in the seat next to me......Spencer. And to top that off we received our first project and our professor paired us together as partners. You know for the most part of my life, I have always been the one who stayed out of trouble, treated everyone with kindness and respect even when they did not deserve it, and basically been an all around good person. I just don't understand, what have I ever done to deserve this.

Well, that was that one time, says Kia laughing. We vowed to never speak of that again, with both girls laughing over that specific past incident.

By the way, what time are we getting all dolled up for this social? It depends on which one we decide to attend, says Olivia. Well, you know I have to look good for my man, right says Kia. You two are pathetic ......I love you, I love you too baby. Do you ever get tired, says Olivia. Well, I can't help that you are single and decided to swear off dating because of that jack.....of a boyfriend you had. Again, we vowed to never speak about him again. If I can remember sis, you are the one who bought up this subject.

Just as the two young ladies were getting dressed, there was a knock on the door. Quickly getting up to answer, Olivia opens the door to her brother all dressed up. Kia and I are going to the social together, so why are you here twin? Just came to see my girl. About 5 seconds later, Kia comes running from her room and lace her arms around Jordan's neck. Hey babe......acting like she wants to throw up, Olivia says, do you two ever get tired. Actually we don't, you should know by now sis.

Returning to her room to finish getting dressed and leaving Jordan and Kia to their make out session, Olivia hears another knock on their door. Really, are we playing rotating doors with Kia and I being the victim? Opening the door she hears Jordan say come in man. Praying that it is not who she think it is, she peeks around the corner and sees her worst USC enemy.

Coming from her room looking fabulous, Spencer just looks Olivia up and down from head to toe. Take a picture, it will last longer says Olivia. Getting a laugh from the two love birds, Spencer is offended by Olivia's remark.

Figured, I'd stop by so we can get started on our project, but I guess you have other plans, says Spencer. First of all, we never coordinated a time to start on our project that is due in three weeks. Secondly, why are you in my personal space as in my dorm room. Thirdly, I didn't invite you here and I don't want to be with you alone, knowing we both hate each other. Fourth, it is the weekend, which I plan to enjoy since I am free. Lastly, does it look like I am dressed to work on a project?

Well you don't seem like the social type, all stuck up and everything, says Spencer. Do you really know how to enjoy yourself? I doubt any guy would be turned on by your little attitude. That's enough man, lay off my sister, says Jordan.

From the minute I met you, you have been a jerk.  What have I ever done to you Spencer?  You don't know me and you immediately went into attack mode.  What is it a girl broke your heart?  Spencer immediately turned around and walked out of Olivia and Kia's room.

Later that night

Olivia feeling like a third party, walked into one of the many socials hosted by the university to welcome new comers and returning students to campus for the start of the new year.

Feeling awkward, Olivia stood by Jordan and Kia as they started their make our session again. Standing by her brother and best friend, she was approached by the star basketball player Darnell Hayes.

Entering the party was the one and only Spencer James.  Briefly looking his way, Olivia continued her conversation with Darnell.  After promising herself to enjoy the single life and avoid men (in the case of her ex, boys), she was half interested in her conversation with Darnell. 

However, talking to him and avoiding eye to eye contact, once he finally had her complete attention, she lit up like a Christmas tree looking at the physical features of the tall and handsome star basketball player.

Finally excepting the invite to dance, Olivia and Darnell danced until the DJ played a slow song.  Deciding to stay on the dance floor,  Olivia wrapped her arms around the handsome basketball player and danced the to the song was over.  Making their way back to the corner, deep in conversation, they were interrupted by the one and only Spencer James. 

What's up D says Spencer.  The long time friends dapped each other up while Olivia is standing there looking like a dear in head lights.  You too know each other?  Best friends since elementary school says Darnell.  I'm so sorry says Olivia, maybe Mr. James there can take some points from you on how to treat people. 

OMG, says Darnell, Olivia's physical features reminds me of your ex, more beautiful might I add.  Man we said we would never mention her again.  A light came on for Olivia, Spencer's ex must have really messed him up.  With me having physical similarities maybe I understand why he hates me. 

Offering to walk Olivia back to her dorm, Darnell has been the perfect gentleman all night.  Accepting his offer, Olivia gathers her things and starts to walk out with Darnell.  Quickly grabbing Olivia's arm, she looks at Spencer like he is from another planet.  Why are you touching me?  You are going to let a complete stranger walk you back to your dorm Spencer says.  That is none of your business, Olivia states.  I'm just helping J out since he is in the middle of a make out session with his girlfriend.  Anyways aren't you two best friends?  So, I assume that you know I am safe.  I do but Jordan doesn't know D and he has a reputation. 

Look Spencer, I don't like you and you don't like me, so what I do is my business. 

Looking at Darnell leave with Olivia, he starts to question why he treated her so bad without having a chance to get to know her.