The Truth: Chap 16

When I arrived at the research department, I was utterly shocked. The entire time, I had been foolishly deceived it was all a staged performance!

Ms. Theshi's sister's photo adorned the computer, yet the shocking revelation of her supposed death left me bewildered. Desperate for clarification, I called Ms. Theshi, but she remained silent. Unable to wait any longer, I hurried to her house.

It had been a while since my last visit, and what I encountered this time was truly startling. The door stood open, a deep darkness. Only faint sunlight revealed a chaotic scene inside. Upon switching on the light, I found scattered papers, knives, and suspicious blood stains. Panic set in as I noticed a photo of Ms. Theshi's sister hanging on the wall, sensing that something was terribly wrong. Despite calling out for Ms. Theshi, I opted to grab the papers and hastily return to the department. A demonic voice interrupted my escape, commanding me to "Stop!" Without looking back, I rushed away.

Upon reaching the department, I swiftly gathered all the documents and thoroughly examined them. Among the papers was her sister's death certificate, accompanied by a small letter written by her sister. It read:

"My dear, loving sister,

You've always been there for me, caring for me during my younger days and when our parents were dead. However, the weight of depression and suffocation has taken a toll on me.

You are an excellent officer and a wonderful sister, but I can't be a burden to you. Last time, I mentioned wanting to go to a place for work, but truth be told, it wasn't for work. It was to engage in killing and derive pleasure from it. I don't understand why, but it brings me happiness. Now that you've discovered my dark secret, it would tarnish your reputation, so I don't want you to be the one to end me. I'll take my own life.

Goodbye, sister!"

I was left speechless,if her sister wasn't alive, then who was orchestrating all of this? When Ms. Theshi arrived, I handed her the documents. Her face turned pale, and tears welled up as she confessed, "I'm sorry I didn't inform you. I tried my best, but she took her own life." I empathetically responded, "I understand. I'm sorry."

In my sorrow for Ms. Theshi, I forgot to mention the condition of her house. When I eventually informed her, she seemed taken aback. I said, "I accidentally went to your place, and it was unsettling. It seemed like someone disturbed is living there. Any idea?" She hesitated but admitted, "Yes, I'm not sure. I haven't been there for a while. Shall we go and see?"

Agreeing, we drove to her place. I suggested Ms. Theshi check the opposite side while I explored the right. The scene was full of bloodstains and disturbing items, emitting a odor of dead body which disgusting. Suddenly, I was struck by a heavy metal object. Although it didn't cause bleeding, the pain was intense. I was carried to a chair and tied, unable to open my eyes. Despite my eagerness to confront the killer, I managed to glimpse a masked figure standing before me. Surprisingly, I wasn't panicked, my anger overshadowed any fear.

She remained silent as I called out loudly, "Ms. Theshi." The masked killer, in a rushed manner, sighed, making me suspect her involvement. For a brief moment, I pondered who it might be, but soon everything became clear. I had a small knife keychain in my pocket wherever I went, which proved useful. Retrieving it, I cut the rope when the killer left the room.

Pretending my hand was still bound, I took a heavy metal object, and struck her on the head when she returned. She fell, and seizing the opportunity, I placed her in a chair and removed the face mask. To my shock, it was none other than Ms. Theshi.

I exclaimed, "Ms. Theshi, was it truly you all along? Oh my god, How could someone I admired turn into such a disgusting creature? Is this revenge for your sister's death? Killing innocent people in her name, really?"

Ms. Theshi's eyes and face took on a sinister expression, a side I had never witnessed before. I urgently called Haven, Cameliona, and Mr. Richard.

After a half hour wait, everyone arrived, and as I led them in, their reactions were pure shock. Mr. Richard explained that despite the mask, he recognized Ms. Theshi from a picture of her sisters. Cameliona confirmed it, describing Ms. Theshi as dirty and dangerously cruel, recounting an incident where she had attacked her with a heavy metal object and threatened her not to speak.

My mind raced, and Haven expressed complete shock, confronting Ms. Theshi with disappointment. "So, it was you who caused all the trouble. I feel ashamed and let down, miss."

Ms. Theshi interrupted, saying, "Who should feel ashamed? I'm the one ashamed of my life. Mr. Richard, you mentioned killing a woman who worked in the palace, responsible for Prince Nathaniel's death. That was my mother. She did it to secure our family's future because we were poor. After my mom died, my father abandoned us. Now, you've tried to kill my sister too. That's why I had hatred towards people. I want to hurt them, no matter what."

I was astonished to see Ms. Theshi in that state, and when the truth about her mother Jezebel came out, everything became clear. Ms. Theshi was then sentenced to six months of treatment, but she would serve it in prison.

Despite the lingering shock, Haven found closure for his father and left for another country for his business. Worried, I continued with my work, and the entire department appreciated and honored me with $200,000. I felt joyous, and my parents were immensely proud.

I contributed $100,000 to Isabelle and her family, and they were pleased with the idea as it rightfully belongs to them.

While savoring my favorite coffee and watching the sunrise, a knock on my door surprised me. Opening the balcony, I saw Haven. He took my hand and confessed his love. Overwhelmed, he explained how I had been his support since childhood, admiring my boldness and intelligence. What did I say? I said yes. We started on a life together, resembling a fairy tale......

yet I still awaited another dream...............!