Electrifying Secrets Chap:4

Despite the gravity of our mission, there were moments of camaraderie and even humor. Ms. Cameliona would crack jokes to lighten the mood, and Ms. Theshi would respond with a dry sense of humor that left us all in stitches. It was strange how a group of individuals brought together by a dark mission could find solace in shared laughter.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this," I remarked one evening as we sat in our hotel room, surrounded by notes and research materials.

Ms. Theshi grinned. "Well, my dear, when you've faced as many serial killers as I have, nothing surprises you anymore."We all laughed, if only to momentarily forget the gravity of our task. But deep down, the knowledge that a serial killer was still at large cast a long shadow over our camaraderie.

As I found myself in the library the following morning, Haven unexpectedly appeared out of nowhere. He cautioned me to ensure that if I uncovered any crucial information,I should not forget to inform our leader. Irritation surged within me, and I retorted, "I've already informed him. Besides, you seem to misunderstand; I'm not working under you."

Haven's behavior had become increasingly puzzling, prompting me to contemplate his peculiar demeanor. Memories of our childhood resurfaced, reminding me of our once-close friendship. My parents and his parents were close friends, unfortunately his parents always fight.However,our parents' frequent conflicts, followed by his father's abrupt departure on a business trip from which he never returned, had driven a wedge between us. From that incident onwards Haven had become rigid and devoted to his work, with an air of seriousness that was difficult to ignore.

As the night progressed, I continued my search for the elusive book, hoping to uncover valuable clues within its pages. To my utter astonishment, the book had vanished without a trace. Instead, I encountered a framed photograph featuring two men and a woman, accompanied by an adorable cat. It struck me that these individuals might have been the former owners of this place.

I hurriedly approached Ms. Cameliona and, soon after, Ms. Theshi joined us. Ms. Theshi exclaimed, "It's possible that these people were the previous owners of this place. Let's attempt to contact them by inquiring among the residents of this city." She expressed her gratitude for my discovery and commended my intelligence.

Ms. Cameliona chimed in, patting me on the back. "Excellent job! You've performed admirably on your first assignment." However, I remained humble, reminding them that our ultimate goal was to apprehend the killer.

They both smiled and assured me that we would soon make progress in our mission, but their serious tones served as a reminder that the pursuit of the killer was an arduous and grave task that lay ahead.

"In the labyrinth of secrets, sometimes you must dig deep to unearth the truth, and other times, to unveil the lie, you must first unearth the truth."