The Young victims: Chap10

As Miss Isabelle delivered her shocking statement that Jezebel might still be alive, an unexpected and daring notion sprang forth. Turning to Mr. Richard, I proposed, "Before we initiate any action, it's imperative that we summon Isabelle here. Please, do not worry, nothing will befall her, I assure you. It's crucial to ascertain whether Isabelle remains unharmed, as she is the main target for Jezebel. If no harm befalls her, we can infer that Jezebel isn't truly alive, and someone else is orchestrating this mayhem. However, should an attack be attempted, it could lead us to a solution, sir."

Mr

Mr. Richard responded with enthusiasm, "Brilliant! I always thought your forte lay in other fields and sciences, but your prowess in detective work is commendable. Let's all hear her out; perhaps we can quell this chaos."

Everything unfolded seamlessly as Mr. Richard summoned Isabelle and we heightened security measures. When Isabelle arrived, her countenance appeared wan and lifeless. Yet, when addressed as Serena, a glimmer of her former self emerged. I assured her, "Nice to meet you, Isabelle. Please, take a seat. I guarantee the safety of both you and Mrs. Richards. Rest assured, that adversary is now within my reach. We will apprehend her soon. Don't worry, ma'am."

Isabelle smiled through tears, murmuring, "I hope to be reunited with my beloved daughter and sister." A heartfelt embrace with Ariana followed, and they soon retired to their quarters.

Haven approached me, noting, "You seem different."

With resolve, I affirmed, "Indeed, I am resolute in my pursuit to uncover the killer who has caused widespread grief."

Haven mused, "I see you're taking this seriously."

I replied, "Absolutely. Once this is all over, I'll finally find solace. It's a long journey."

Haven nodded, adding, "But do take care of yourself. I'm here for you."

I urged, "At least smile for a moment."

Haven managed an awkward smile, and as night fell, we prepared to ensnare the killer. However, after a prolonged vigil, no sign of the assailant emerged. Suddenly, Mr. Richard received an unknown call. The voice on the other end taunted, "Hello, Mr. Richard. I'm not Jezebel. I am a far more menacing killer, and one day, you may discover why I target the elderly. You'll never find me; it won't be that easy."

Mr. Richard's expression turned crestfallen and ashen. He divulged the unsettling call to Ms. Cameliona and Ms. Theshi, who swiftly arrived. "Hurry, come quick! A girl is injured; her throat has been slit," Ms. Theshi exclaimed.

Rushing to the scene, we called for an ambulance. The young girl's parents arrived in haste, lamenting that they had sent her to buy groceries from a nearby store. Their grief was palpable, and the weight of the situation deepened as the assailant's focus seemed to shift towards younger victims. As we grappled with this troubling turn of events, a call came through. A gruff voice on the line sneered, "Oh, it's you again. A bunch of unknowns. Now, I've grown weary of the elderly; I have my eyes set on the youth. You'll never catch me."

Our attempts to trace the call proved futile, fueling my rage to unprecedented levels.