THE TALE OF ISABELLE Chap: 6

The letter continued:

"As soon as I left with Nathaniel, he treated me with kindness, professionalism, and love. It meant the world to me to have someone to confide in after you. Upon reaching the palace, I was awestruck by its grandeur. In our room, I noticed photos of me framed alongside Nathaniel. He confessed to having asked the servants to arrange it that way, and I felt deeply loved. Nathaniel introduced me to his servant, Lady Jezebel. She wore a maid's attire and politely welcomed me with a cold demeanor. Nathaniel explained that Jezebel had been his servant since birth, and she had taken care of him after his parents' passing. However, something about her didn't sit right with me.

For three months, life was a dream. But then, everything crumbled. One day, as Nathaniel and I sat down for breakfast, his friend Lysander, another prince who was single and interested in marriage, paid us a visit. We all conversed and took a lovely photo. I missed you terribly at that moment. While Nathaniel was away on duty, Lysander asked me about how Nathaniel and I met. I shared our story and showed him a photo of you. He was visibly shocked and requested to meet you. I agreed, planning to introduce you to him. I told Lysander that I'd ask my husband for permission, and he could visit.We waited for Nathaniel's return, after the return he confessed and Nathaniel said that he can visit,Suddenly Nathaniel blood vomited,I was scared and worried, Lysander bought a doctor. We were worried, and the doctor's diagnosis was devastating Nathaniel had blood cancer.My world shattered, and tears flowed uncontrollably. The doctor stated that Nathaniel had only a month to live; there was no hope of saving him. We were all heartbroken and didn't see Jezebel after that.

Nathaniel insisted that I inherit everything and become the queen. When he passed away after a month, we carried out the necessary procedures. Lysander had many responsibilities and left, I gave him your address. I sent you letters, but only later did I discover that you hadn't received them. I found the letters I was supposed to give you in Jezebel's quarters, and when I asked her about them, she pretended not to know and told me to leave. I felt helpless and returned home with a heavy heart, tears flowing. Ariana, I'm so sorry; my life has become unbearable. I went to the kitchen to get some water and noticed small bottles falling from the cupboard. To my shock,

they contained poison - the venom of blue snakes. I rushed to Lysander, but it was too late. He told the doctor, who confirmed that the poison had caused various cancers. That day, I realized Jezebel had poisoned my husband. She harbored a deep grudge because Nathaniel's father had killed her husband for illegal activities. Jezebel admitted to the crime and demanded Nathaniel's wealth. However, when she initially planned the murder, Nathaniel was at my side. When he returned, her scheme succeeded, and she told me she would kill me soon and claim his entire inheritance. Filled with rage, I confronted her in front of everyone, seeking justice. Her demeanor shifted to violence, and she confessed to killing my husband. Jezebel had already taken his money.

I went back to her room and shouted for justice. Jezebel threatened to kill me and take Nathaniel's wealth, but I could see the venom in her eyes. I left, crying bitterly. Lysander guided me through this ordeal, but I felt like a fool for not saving my husband from that wicked woman. Lysander promised to arrange tickets for you to come here, and I can't express how much I miss you, sis. I need your comfort, and I wish you were here with me. When you receive this letter, I'll come to see you.

With love."

The heart-wrenching tale of Isabelle's life filled me with empathy and sorrow

The heart-wrenching tale of Isabelle's life filled me with empathy and sorrow. I pondered what might have happened to her after these events. Did they leave this place, or were they still here? Questions swirled in my mind, demanding answers.