Mrs.Richard Chap 11

After the perplexing events that unfolded during the call and the mysterious gathering at the mansion, a crucial meeting was arranged to uncover the identity of the killer. Just as we were preparing to initiate our discussion, a sudden call interrupted our deliberations. Mr. Richard, visibly perturbed, received news from the research department that Jezebel had passed away.

Despite the unsettling revelation, Mr. Richard remained unaware of the identity of the perpetrator. Sharing all the pertinent information with us, he was about to speak further when another urgent call from the research department halted him. This time, the call bore an astonishing clue that could potentially lead us to the killer's trail.

 This time, the call bore an astonishing clue that could potentially lead us to the killer's trail

"Everyone! We've received an incredible clue about the killer. It appears to be a woman, as detected by the CIA department. We must make our way to the research department promptly for additional information. Let's move swiftly!" exclaimed Mr. Richard, rallying us to accompany him.

As we embarked on our journey, Haven drove Ms. Cameliona and me, while Ms. Theshi and Mr. Richard joined other agents in a separate vehicle. Suddenly, Haven had to apply the brakes due to an obstruction on the road. Stepping out to investigate, Haven discovered a pin strategically placed on the path. Our gasps of shock were met with a call for Mr. Richard to halt.

Retrieving the pin, we continued our journey, all the while sensing an unsettling presence observing us.Upon reaching the research department, we were informed of the discovery of a letter near the child's body.

Its contents struck a chord with me as the handwriting seemed strangely familiar, although I couldn't place whose it was. Handing the letter to Mr. Richard, I noted, "Sir, this handwriting looks quite familiar, but I can't recall whose it is."

With widened eyes, Mr. Richard acknowledged, "Yes, even to me, it seems familiar." Before he could contemplate further, Haven interjected, "Sir! I think it's your wife's handwriting." Memories flooded back, and I affirmed, "Yes, it's your wife's handwriting, sir.

Whenever you came to work, she always sent letters. I can guarantee that it's your wife's handwriting. But why is it here, and what does the letter say?"

Mr Richard started to read it aloud

"Richard, I am Viola, your beloved wife. You believed I was dead, and I understand you didn't have the courage to visit my grave assuming that I was dead. However, I am not deceased; my mind is simply burdened with numerous thoughts. I am all alone. Below is my address. Please come and see me, Richard.
Address ,
12 Rosewood Lane,
Evergreen Heights"?

With love,
Viola"

As he read it ,tears welled with emotions in his eyes. Observing his emotional turmoil, I interjected, "Sir, I'm convinced that your wife is deceased. If not, why would she place this letter near the suffering child? It must be the enigmatic lady's ploy. She's likely scheming to capture you. Please, sir, don't fall for it."

Undeterred, Mr. Richard asserted, "No, I have to go. Even if it's not her, why would someone imitate her handwriting? I thought she was killed in an accident, but now I believe she's alive. My instincts compel me to go. Please, no one should follow me. I'll go alone."

As we helplessly watched Mr. Richard depart, a nagging suspicion lingered in my mind regarding the letter. There was something decidedly fishy about it. Perhaps it was intended to divert him, or worse, to bring about his demise. Regardless, one thing remained resolute in my mind-Mrs. Richard was not alive. Several hours passed without any news from Mr. Richard, leaving us all in a state of panicked uncertainty. My thoughts raced, consumed by the question, "What could have happened to Mr. Richard?"