The Culprit: Chap 15

The following morning, I phoned Haven to inquire about Ms. Cameliona's condition. He urged me to visit, so I quickly dressed and headed to the hospital. Upon arrival, I noticed a few police officers and Haven outside. Inside the ICU, I found Ms. Cameliona bandaged but able to speak.

Concerned, I gently asked, "Take it easy, Ms. How are you feeling?" She replied, "Hopefully better, dear." Her daughter rushed in, embracing her tightly, and moved me to tears. Summoning courage, I inquired about the identity of the culprit. She hesitated, saying, "I'm sorry, it's hard to put into words, but the perpetrator is someone very close to you. Be cautious, please," wiping away a tear as she spoke.

An idea flashed through my mind, so I said, "Okay." I approached her and spoke in a soft tone, "Could it be Haven?" to gauge her reaction. However, she didn't panic or appear frightened, instead, she laughed. "Oh, girl, how could it be Haven? I need to tell you more about him!"

Before she could elaborate, Haven appeared. I signaled Ms. Cameliona not to say anything, and she nodded. Haven asked me, "Why do you look so suspicious? Anyways, I want to share something about me, but please don't fret." Shocked, I thought, "I knew this fellow was the culprit."

He explained, "Well, I'm not a CBI agent I'm a billionaire. I pretended to be one because my father, a cop, was shot by a serial killer. He left to protect us, and now he's no more. To find the killer and seek revenge, I'm here. I wasn't interested being a cop and I started my business at a young age. You knew me as your friend in childhood, but now I'm a billionaire."

I was stunned and couldn't respond. I tapped his shoulder and said, "wow, okay. I had no idea about your father. Behind every bad person, there's a secret." He continued, "We have to find her soon." I thought, "Oh my God, who is the killer?" I raised my hand and shouted, "This killer will be dead mear by me for sure!"

After Haven left, Ms. Cameliona spoke up, "I told you, he confessed this to me before the incident, and I couldn't speak up. About the killer, I don't know. You're always a strong girl, unlike others, bringing strength and perfection to women. I must say I'm inspired by you, dear, but I feel disgusted with myself for not revealing who the killer is. I don't know what to do. She mentioned her next target is Isabella's daughter, Serena. Please ensure she has a guard. She's filled with hatred and is a complete damaged psycho. I don't know what to say anymore."

I replied, "Oh no, Ms. Cameliona, I know you're very strong, but I understand you can't reveal the truth now. Thank you for encouraging me. I don't know who says it, but I'll find the culprit soon. I have to save Serena. Let me go to the mansion, and Ms. Cameliona, don't stress, just take care."

She nodded, and I left with a determined speed, pressing the accelerator firmly. Fortunately, there weren't any vehicles. I arrived at the mansion and called out loudly, "Serena, Miss Isabelle, and Miss Ariana, please come down, fast."

They hurried down, and I was relieved to see Isabelle and Serena. I informed Miss Isabelle, "Ma'am, don't panic. I have to tell you the killer is planning to attack Serena, but thankfully she's here. We've called the guards, and they might be here any minute, so don't panic." Isabelle held her daughter tight and said, "Of course, thank you for informing me."

I received a call from the agent conducting the investigation into Ariana's previous revelation. They urgently asked me to come, and I was unaware of the reason for their panic. Upon arrival, they revealed the shocking truth about the killer. It dawned on me that I had been living in ignorance my entire life.