Unknown Women Chap:13

The following morning, I hurried to see Isabelle, relieved that she was present. With a rough tone, I called out, demanding, "Tell me, ma'am, why would you do this? Did I ask you to?"

Isabelle appeared bewildered. I pressed her again, pleading, "Please respond, ma'am, I can't take it anymore." Her startled response was, "What, seriously? Are you suspecting me of the crime? No way!" Stunned, I handed her the chain and inquired, "What is this? We found it near the victim's place. How did it get there? Can you explain?"

Overwhelmed with emotion, Isabelle exclaimed, "Oh my god, this is the one I lost a year ago, the first gift Nathaniel ever gave me," and began to sob. I was convinced it couldn't be her. I realized someone must have planted the evidence to mislead me.

Apologizing for the misunderstanding, I explained, "I just got confused and was too focused on finding the killer." Isabelle reassured me, saying, "Oh no worries, dear. Keep your focus and be ready to face the unknown. We will catch her one day. Take some rest and stay confident, okay?" Her comforting words uplifted me, and I replied, "Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I will surely catch her." Even so, I felt completely overwhelmed.

I soon visited Mr. Richard's residence and asked, "Good morning, Sir. Can you please tell me who the killer is? I hate this suspense, but I need to know." He hesitated, "I'm sorry, I cannot tell you right now because I'm in shock. The killer is someone..." His voice trailed off as he poured himself some coffee. I pressed, "Someone?" He remained silent, cautioning, "No, you have to find her. If I say, it might cause problems for Mrs. Nathaniel." I resolved to intensify my search, despite the difficulty.

Back in my quarters, I found Haven standing nervously. He showed me a set of masks found in Mr. Richard's building and a photo of a woman. I recognized the woman but couldn't place her. I instructed Haven to check with the other agents for any leads from the photo. As I began to focus on a book, Haven urgently called me. I rushed to him, only to learn that the woman, the killer, was no more.

Confused, I questioned, "How come? Why is the photo here then?" Haven speculated, "Perhaps this killer had an accomplice." The woman's residence was close to Ariana's place, so I urgently called her to identify the woman in the photo. Nervously, Ariana pointed to the photo and whispered, "She's the most terrible killer. She's dead because of me. I witnessed her killing an innocent girl, so I took a photo as evidence and filed a complaint."

Realizing the killer was playing a dangerous game, I assured Ariana that we would protect her. Haven rushed in with news that Mr. Richard had suffered a heart attack and was in the hospital.

Doctors found a medicine called heparin may be given by an intravenous injection. Heparin makes the blood less sticky and less likely to form clots. Nitroglycerin.

This medication widens the blood vessels injection had been administered through his veins, causing the attack. They advised he stay in the hospital for observation. Troubled by this new development, I remarked, "An injection? This sounds dreadful and bizarre." It was clear that the killer was ruthless and determined to cover her tracks.