THE ENIGMATIC SUMMONS Chap: 1

As I gently closed the book, its pages whispering their final secrets, and made my way back to the comfort of my home, I could not have foreseen the surreal turn of events that awaited me on the following morning.

My slumber was abruptly interrupted by my parents, their voices echoing like distant thunderclaps, urging me awake. In my groggy state, I roused myself from my slumber and, to my chagrin, found my unruly hair resembling a disheveled cascade of chaos.

The clumsy look.....

I inquired, with the disarrayed appearance of an oblivious soul, as to the cause of this early morning upheaval

I inquired, with the disarrayed appearance of an oblivious soul, as to the cause of this early morning upheaval. Their response left me utterly dumbfounded. It appeared that an individual had expressed a keen desire to meet me urgently. With a swift descent down the staircase, I arrived at the source of the commotion. And there, before me, stood a figure that defied all rational explanation.

I gazed upon a young man, none other than the very person whose image had leaped from the pages of the novel I had just closed. In that bewildering moment, all rational thoughts were cast aside, and I could only manage to inquire about his name. In response, he calmly uttered, "My name is Haven."

His subsequent words would shatter the boundary between fiction and reality. It was revealed that my presence had been specifically requested due to my occupation as an article writer. A mission, he explained, awaited me-an expedition to an ancient palace, locked away from the world for centuries, and its enigmatic library.

My astonishment knew no bounds, for the name, the mission, and the very location were identical to those meticulously detailed within the pages of the novel I had recently devoured. It was as though the threads of reality and fiction had become irrevocably entangled, and I found myself standing at the epicenter of this inexplicable convergence.

Though I responded to Haven's proposition with a veneer of aloofness, concealing my familiarity with him, an inner resolve surged within me. The selfish and narcissistic persona I projected masked a deep-seated determination to embark on this mission. Like the character Elara in the novel, I too yearned to uncover the truth and unravel the mysteries that lay ahead.

Thus, I acquiesced to Haven's plans, acknowledging my destiny's peculiar alignment with the pages of that book. Little did I know that this journey would take me down a path where the boundaries between fiction and reality would blur, challenging my very understanding of the world around me.