THE STRANGE MYSTERY Chap:7

Shortly thereafter, I encountered Haven and proceeded to inform him about the inhabitants of the palace. His reaction was one of sheer astonishment, and I seized the opportunity to demonstrate my intellect, leaving him impressed. It marked the first time he had encouraged me, and I found immense joy in his words.

Subsequently, Haven relayed this information to Mr. Richard. I then met with Ms. Cameliona and Ms. Theshi, recounting to them the entire sequence of events. They, too, were taken aback by the tragedy, yet we remained in the dark about what had become of her, for the letter contained only the events.

Miss Ariana...

A notion sprang to mind, prompting me to promptly share a photograph of Madam Ariana

A notion sprang to mind, prompting me to promptly share a photograph of Madam Ariana. I engaged the services of a sketch artist to age the childhood image into that of a mature woman, to which he readily acquiesced. My satisfaction was palpable. Upon observing the picture, it dawned on me why Mr. Lysander had been captivated by her appearance.
She was undeniably more attractive than her sister Isabelle.

Despite their departure from the palace five years ago, the possibility of their survival loomed large, given the relatively recent timeframe and Nathaniel's lineage as the great king's grandson. Haven assured me that he would mobilize other agents to locate Miss Ariana and bring her in for questioning.

Inquiring about the progress, I asked Haven, "Have you made any headway in the investigation of the serial killer?"

He responded, his voice tinged with weariness, "We are still diligently working on it."

I probed further, "What's troubling you?" To which he somberly recounted,

"Today, an unsettling incident unfolded near an old building by the bus stop.

An elderly lady, awaiting the bus, inexplicably vanished, her distressed grandson reporting her disappearance.

Our search yielded a shocking discovery a decrepit structure, and deeper within, a lifeless form.It was the elderly woman, having succumbed to a distressing bout of blood vomit."

My astonishment was palpable as I exclaimed, "Good heavens, that poor lady! Hold on, did you say she vomited blood?"

"Yes, indeed," he confirmed.

"Curiously, a similar fate befell Nathaniel, stemming from snake venom. Did you happen upon any clues in the building, such as a bottle or anything?" I queried.

Haven recollected, "Indeed, I found a green bottle in her proximity, its cap removed. I refrained from examining it and instead entrusted it to a chemist for identification and analysis."

"That may be the key. Could Jezebel, the old lady, be involved in this?" I pondered aloud.

Haven offered a counterargument, "It's doubtful, for there seems to be little motive unless she is suffering from some form of mental disturbance."

"True," I conceded. "What if Isabelle absconded with the inheritance, taking Ariana with her, while Jezebel was left behind, ultimately succumbing to madness and resorting to murder?" I suggested.

Haven mused, "That scenario is plausible, but we can't be certain until we ascertain Ariana's whereabouts."

"Agreed," I concurred.

Wrapping up our conversation, Haven extended an apology for his prior rudeness, attributing it to his busy workload. He then extended a cordial invitation, saying, "If it suits you, we could plan an outing sometime."

Understanding his circumstances, I replied, "Your apology is accepted, and I appreciate your understanding. I.... would gladly accept your.. invitation, but only once we've concluded all our ongoing cases to avoid any complications."

He chuckled.. warmly and replied, "Certainly, it's a date for sure after we wrap up these matters."