Mastermind Chap 14

I quickly hurried to my quarters, feeling shocked and anxious. I was determined to uncover the most masterful killer, considering that this person was trying to frame someone else as the main culprit. However, it turned out to be a different individual altogether, targeting multiple people for assassination, which posed the greatest risk.

With panic and my mind in turmoil, I couldn't focus on one thought. Overwhelmed with stress and despair, I eventually blacked out.

When I regained consciousness, Haven was standing beside me with a concerned expression. I inquired about what had happened, and he reassured me, saying, "Are you alright? You fainted. Just try to relax today, we'll handle everything later!"

In a drowsy voice, I murmured, "No, people are dying, and there's a lot of loss in this city. I have to find and save them, Haven." He responded with a worried expression, "Alright, but you need to be cautious and resilient.

I'll get in touch with Ms. Cameliona and Ms. Theshi, and we can discuss how to find the killer." Something clicked in my mind, and I added, "No, Haven, don't call them. Something is troubling me. We can come up with a plan or investigate on our own. I don't want to involve others right now. You'll understand later."

Haven appeared surprised and said, "Alright then, no problem. We can brainstorm together." I asked, "Did you check on Mr. Richard? How is he?" Haven replied, "Yes, he's feeling okay." I continued, "Okay, but why isn't he revealing the identity of the killer? He specifically instructed us not to share it with anyone except you and me."

Haven replied, "Yes, I have no idea either. However, according to a seasoned investigator, there's a saying that when someone encounters a person they are close to, and that person happens to be the killer, their heart skips a beat as a sign of trust. I'm quite certain Mr. Richard knows the killer, which is why he's unable to speak until he faces the truth.It might take some time."

I nodded in agreement and said, "Yes, that's a valid point!" Haven reassured me, "Exactly, just try not to stress yourself. Isabelle and Ariana aren't the culprits either. The real killer is someone suspicious, and we'll apprehend them soon." I replied, "Sure, please keep an eye on Mr. Richard in case he reveals any secrets." Haven nodded and smiled before leaving.

The next morning, the alarm blared loudly, jolting me out of bed. I quickly tossed the blanket aside and noticed several missed calls. Haven had sent me a text, "Don't panic, Ms. Cameliona is missing!!" I immediately dialed his number, my hand pressed against my forehead in distress.

He picked up, and I exclaimed, "What are you saying? She's a resilient woman. Who would dare to kidnap her? Or maybe she went somewhere. How about Ms. Theshi? Is she safe?" Haven responded, "Yes, she mentioned that a masked individual attacked them both, and they couldn't recognize the assailant's face. The attacker struck them both severely on the head, causing them to lose consciousness. She saw the culprit carrying Ms. Cameliona, but Ms. Theshi managed to cleverly escape."

I sighed in relief and said, "Thank goodness, but we have to locate Ms. Cameliona. This is becoming too much for that killer. Something doesn't add up. There's a nagging feeling in my mind. We will capture the killer soon."

Haven responded, "Yes, but please try not to stress. We need to come up with a plan." I replied, "The killer seems to be targeting individuals in service, and the next potential targets might be Ms. Theshi, you, or me. But before anything else happens, we need to locate Ms. Cameliona."

I ended the call and hurried to my car, driving to the location. Upon arriving, I found Ms. Theshi and inquired about the situation. She spoke softly, "I'm sorry, I couldn't save her. We both descended from the quarters to meet Mr. Richard, and suddenly, a car struck us. The masked killer attacked us both with a sturdy steel object. I managed to get back up, but I believe Ms. Cameliona is wounded. I don't know how to track her."

It suddenly dawned on me, the phrase 'track her.' I exclaimed, "Yes, we can. Her phone has a GPS tracker, and by chance, I accidentally linked it to my phone for a specific reason. I believe it's still active. We can track her." I immediately called Haven and relayed the information. Ms. Theshi urged, "Yes, please hurry." After searching, the agents reported back, shocking me-the GPS pointed to our quarters!

After instructing the others to search for Ms. Cameliona, Ms. Theshi, Haven, and I hurried back to my quarters. We discovered Ms. Cameliona in my room, unconscious and bleeding from her head. Spotting a small letter clutched in her hand, I retrieved it while the agents transported her to the hospital.

Upon unfolding the letter, it read, "I'll likely be unconscious when you read this. I can't disclose who the killer is. My child will be in danger.
However, here's a clue: the person with nothing determined to kill the soul. You'll find them. Be cautious, they're nearby!"

Overcome with a surge of panic, I blurted out, "Could it be Haven?" Despite my suspicions, I couldn't be certain. He was always close to me, but no, it couldn't be. I wrestled with the uncertainty, attempting to view the situation from Haven's perspective. Still unsure of the killer's identity, I realized that if it were Haven, I would need to handle things differently.

I decided to keep a close watch on him. I pondered, "Those who weave a web of lies throughout their lives will inevitably face the harsh sentence of severe punishment."