𝟐𝟏: 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

Start from the beginning

Did I just insulted myself?

Leave it, he's really too off.

"You know? It is scientifically proven that when a person asks you to go away, that person wants you to stay" And it's discovery was done by me, just now. He didn't said anything.

"For how long are you gonna keep this all inside you? You need to let it out if you want to be free" I explained him, trying to keep my voice as calm as possible.

He slowly lifted his eyes and I swear, it was filled with a deep, profound sadness that seemed to consume his entire being. The pain and hurt reflected in his gaze was so raw and intense, it was impossible not to feel it deep in my soul.

I wondered how this man lived all these years. I held his hands tightly, "Nothing was your fault" I said unknown to anything, but what I know is that these four words can affect him alot.

"No-one, no. One. Said it once in these five years. What I only heard was.." he remained silent for a second "Because of you.." he said looking up at the stars.

"You need to forget this" I said slowly rubbing his back. "I want to! I fucking want to, Akshara" Suddenly, he broke in tears. "Arhaan" I gasped pulling him tightly to my chest and rubbing his head back.

"I want to...but his screams" He gulped. "His screams keep echoing in my ears" I held him by his head and pulled him away. "You'll feel alot better if you share it with someone." I told him.

He wiped away his tears and sat staight again.  "There is.... always a friend you are more closer with, in a friend circle. He was that friend. Actually, he was just like a brother to me. We literally spent all the time roaming here and there together. I was very different then"  He exhaled.

"The day we came to this club, We were celebrating Vidyut's birthday." He looked at a corner and pointed there, "There. There, we both were standing and...chilling when he got a call. He talked and then suddenly, he became all serious and said that he has a work. Then we all went back home. The entire day, he was acting weird." I wiped a tear running down his cheek.

"When I was sleeping, I got his call, I was sleepy but still managed to pick up. "Arhaan, I have to tell you something". This line.....I still remember this." I stared at him.

"Then, he asked me to come to his building. I didn't wasted much time and rushed there. I was having a bad feeling, I remember. When I reached there, I saw him waving at me from the 13th floor. The elevators weren't installed there yet, so I had to use the staircase. I remember, I promised myself to beat him for making me walk that much." He let out a soft chuckle.

"But when I reached there, I saw him sitting on a stool with 4 wine bottles beside him on the ground and 1 in his hand. When he saw me, "We will have to wait for the entry of the main villain" he said grabbing another bottle from the he ground and offering me. He was looking very down, and I suspected there was something wrong.

I literally remember each thing.  I refused, knowing that I don't stay in senses when I drink. But he pleased and..." He held my hand tightly, turning to me and looking Deep in my eyes.

"I drank 2 bottles with him, and.....I don't remember anything further then hearing him screaming for my name. You understand, Akshara? He screamed my name because someone was killing him." Tears again in his eyes, but I can feel him trying his best not to cry.

"Killing him in front of my eyes and I wasn't in my senses. I didn't helped him. Maybe, I kept seeing everything. Only if I didn't drank that night, maybe, he'd be here with us today."

It is clear, someone killed him. It was a murder. If he said that he was waiting for the villain then it means he knew him, and the one who killed him was that villain. He took advantage of Arhaan not remembering anything and put the blame on him.