IV- reaching out

"So, Aaron, how does it feel to be our soloist?" Adam asked with a playful grin, leaning over the table where their drinks had just been served minutes ago.

Aaron's eyes flitted over from Adam to Esme who sat beside him, as she always did. The three of them had decided to go to a nearby coffee shop for some drinks, in order to 'celebrate' Aaron's getting the solo in Adam's words.

Honestly Aaron would have rather went back home for some much needed rest but he wasn't about to deny his best friends. Not when Esme looked so downhearted ever since Adam had been paired with (Y/n).

Fuck, even thinking about her or mouthing her name sent a bitter taste at the back of his throat. She was just that insufferable in Aaron's eyes.

He didn't know what it was really that pissed him off so greatly about her. Really, he knew he had been the one to accidentally crash into her on their first meeting -if one could even call it that- he knew it had been his fault.

So he didn't know. And it only pissed him off that much more.

Same couldn't be said for Adam though, whose smile reached his ears as he talked about their duo and how great they'll be on the stage together. Much to his friends' dismay.

As much as Aaron hated her, part of him felt sorry for (Y/n) as even though she might have not seen it yet, Adam was far from the best person to be paired with for such an important event.

Adam never cared that much about ballet, nor was he ever really that serious about his career. No need to, when his father was the headmaster of Bellemont and when everyone since his youngest years had praised him over how innate of a dancer he was.

And to an extent, it was true. Adam was an incredibly talented person, who everything seemed to come to with such ease it was almost irritating for those around him like Aaron who had to actually work for what they wanted.

Not that Adam didn't work for his current achievements, he did. But not out of passion, not out of wanting to put in the work, rather because his father insisted on it and put so much pressure on him to be great.

Lost potential.

That's what Mr. Bellemont said every time he saw his son skipping on practices and training to do something else. Every time he got ears of his son being late for class.

Sometimes Aaron's chest would tighten with the snake of envy when he looked at Adam, whose father had always supported him and encouraged him to do better and be better. Aaron's father had been that kind of pillar for him too at some point. Until he wasn't anymore, too lost in his own world, in liquor and pills.

Aaron couldn't blame him though. Everyone dealt with grief differently.

Though sometimes part of him hated his father for his lethargy, for his depressive loops and for making him be his own father.

"It's nice." Aaron ended up replying, no traces of a smile reaching his lips, not that Adam and Esme had been expecting anything more. Aaron had never been the most expressive, even when it came to things he loved dearly.

Or if he had ever been, it had been too long ago, and they had forgotten what it looked like.

Adam leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms behind his head, a contemplative smile on his lips. "Well, I am looking forward to this showcase. It's gonna be fun, I can feel it."

Esme's eyes rolled to the back of her head.

"Please try to remember that this is not a game. It's important, so please put in the work." She said, hugging her steaming mug close to her chest, the scent of hot cocoa invading her senses. The only thing keeping her from screaming at Adam's next words.

BROKEN WINGS (m. yanderes x reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara