XXXII- honesty

A/N:

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you're enjoying the story and where it's headed so far! Just a heads up to let you know that this chapter will contain mentions of sexual abuse/rape and drug use! So if you don't feel comfortable with these, please be careful and proceed with caution!

Take care of yourselves, and enjoy!

"Can I open my eyes now?" Julian asked with a chuckle, letting (Y/n) guide him with her hands covering his eyes.

"Yes!" She said, retrieving her hands from his face with a grin. She had found the address of a cosy little restaurant and had booked a table for the two of them. And though the owner had been surprised when she had asked for a reservation, (Y/n) had really wanted to make sure her and Julian would have the best table laid out for them.

The restaurant had a small garden with fairy lights hanging from trees and some tables for customers. One of which had been claimed by (Y/n), the owner had even gone out of her way to put some candles on their table for an extra romantic touch.

She had probably guessed this was a date.

(Y/n) fidgeted nervously beside Julian, eyeing his reaction for any sign of disappointment. This was her first time doing anything remotely romantic so she hoped it was to his liking. Though Julian would gladly accept anything from (Y/n). She could bring him to a shitty fast food place and he'd still love it.

To him the fact that she had gone out of her way to plan a date for him was already a dream come true. He had daydreamed about what a relationship with her would be like for so long, to him this was the sign that all his hard work had paid off. That his patience hadn't been for naught.

This was a sign that she cared, that she loved him. And that his plan was finally heading in the right direction.

"Do you like it? I know it's nothing really fancy but the food is good from what I've heard." (Y/n) asked from beside him, his heart melting at the sight of her nervous expression. She was just too adorable. He'd better put an end to her anxiety right this instant though.

A sweet smile split over his face as he took her soft hands in his own, cradling them to his chest.

"I love it." He said. "This is perfect."

(Y/n) bashfully averted her eyes to the side, heat rising to her cheeks at Julian's words. It was pitiful really how much power he had over her. But somehow instead of running away from him, that only made her want more of that soft warmth in her chest. A warmth Julian seemed to have total control over.

The two of them sat at their table and browsed through the menu, Julian's eyes fleeting to (Y/n) every so often to catch her expression. As expected she had the cutest frown etched between her brows as she scrutinised the menu.

"I'll go with the (f/f) and (f/d)." She concluded, directing her attention towards Julian. "Do you know what you want?"

"Yeah, I'll take the pasta and a lemonade."

(Y/n) smiled at this, as ever since knowing Julian she'd never seen him eating anything else than pasta. That one time they went out with Stella being an exception. That made her wonder if he liked any other food at all.

"Thank you for this." Julian said with a warm smile. "How are you feeling though?"

(Y/n) had lost count of the amount of time she'd been asked this question today. With Julian though, she knew her answer could be nothing else than honest. He'd been with her through the last few days after all, lying wouldn't work with him. And (Y/n) didn't want to lie to Julian.