IX- silhouette

(Y/n)'s week had gone quite smoothly and had mostly consisted of her alternating ballet classes and rehearsals with Adam. Not much had happened to stir her from her daily routine.

Which is why she had been delighted to take Stella up on her offer when her flatmate had offered for them to go out and do some shopping in their neighbourhood.

The two of them had left the flat around noon and had grabbed something to eat on their way to the shopping district, leaving Julian behind, buried under a mountain of assignments.

"Alright, what are we searching for exactly?" (Y/n) asked, taking a bite off her sandwich. Stella and her had been walking around for a few minutes now, browsing through some shops, the pink haired girl's eyes looking at a variety of dresses.

Stella's eyes widened as she turned to (Y/n).

"I didn't tell you?" She said, "I have this party coming up next week, for the birthday of a friend, and I'm helping with the organisation and stuff. So I have to find myself a dress or something to wear."

Stella brought a light pink dress closer for inspection, sifting through the details of the fabric and seams. A frown creased her brows and she put it back on the rack with a sigh.

"Do you have... something in mind?" (Y/n) asked, looking around the shop they were in for other dresses that might interest Stella.

"Yeah, it's gotta be something pink, or black." She said, looking at another dress, black with a large pink bow on the front. "If I don't find anything I'll probably end up making it myself though. Because this is some pretty shitty fabric and charging their clients fifty bucks for that is a crime."

(Y/n) couldn't hold back a chuckle as she looked at her friend's scrunched up nose. The fabric indeed looked pretty low quality and certainly not worth the money. Not that (Y/n) had fifty bucks to spend on a dress in the first place anyways, even if the quality amounted to the price.

(Y/n) caressed the fabric of a silken shirt, it glided through her fingertips, light and soft. "I wish I could make my own clothes. I know how to sew pointe shoes, but that's as far as my sewing skills go."

A fond smile curved Stella's lips.

"It's not that hard really. I mean, unless you want to make it your job or something, that's a whole other story." She said, "But sewing things for yourself is something you can learn at any age. You just need some basics in fashion design."

An amused chuckle fell from (Y/n)'s lips, "When you say it it sounds so easy. I have two left hands though so I'd probably stab myself with the sewing needle or something if I tried."

And indeed, (Y/n) knew what she was talking about. Sewing her pointe shoes without hurting herself was already a challenge every time she had to go through the painful process of sewing her ribbons and elastics. If she were to actually grab a sewing machine she could only imagine how that would go.

Stella laughed at this, raising her hands in front of her face to show her friend the band-aids wrapped around her fingers.

"That's all part of the fun." She joked, "Though most of those are probably due to my short attention span or something." Stella looked around with a frown, "Anyways let's leave. There's nothing interesting here."

The two girls left the shop, continuing down the busy streets of the shopping district. Still intent on finding Stella's much desired dress. And although (Y/n) didn't have anything to buy, she quite enjoyed the fresh autumn air and the change of pace.

It had been a while since she hadn't gone out with a friend for something as simple as shopping. Though she supposed most of this was thanks to Stella's bubbly personality and her energy.