XIII- something about you

This morning Aaron was determined to fix (Y/n)'s poor opinion of him.

Of course he knew it'd probably take more than one morning to make amends for his past behaviour towards her, but he wouldn't give up until she forgave him and decided to give him a chance.

So the moment he stepped in the studio, he immediately made his way in (Y/n)'s direction.

He was glad to see that no one else was here and that the two of them had these short moments in the morning to be alone. That made his task easier, for if there had been anyone else in the room he doubted (Y/n) would have spared him a word.

With a determined sigh, he took a step towards her, putting his bag down by the spot near hers at the barre.

She observed him from the side, scrutinising his every move as if to decipher his intentions. His heart broke as he met her inquisitive gaze, but even more so when he caught sight of the bags under her eyes and the unusually pale colour of her skin.

She looked tired. Even more so than during their last conversation.

All the more reason for Aaron to mend things between the two of them so that he could know what was wrong and deal with it as soon as possible. The thought of (Y/n) neglecting her health made him sick.

He flashed her a small smile, doing his best to conceal his apprehension as (Y/n) removed her earbuds and turned fully to him.

This was his call.

"Hi." He greeted, his heart beating loudly in his ears as he waited for her answer. She observed him silently, seconds that passed by like hours for Aaron.

"Hi." She finally said, and Aaron swore he saw the hints of a smile curving her lips.

He wasn't going to stop at that, though. Aaron wanted so much more than a simple greeting from (Y/n).

His eyes fell to the tip of his toes, fiddling with his fingers as he took it upon himself to break the ice between the two of them. For things to work out, he had to apologise for his behaviour, and let (Y/n) know that he had heard her loud and clear and taken her words into account.

Which he had.

"About what you said the other day," He started, hesitantly looking up into (Y/n)'s eyes where, to Aaron's surprise, no trace of animosity lingered.

So he continued, a bit more at ease this time.

"You were right, I've been an ass to you and I'm sorry about that. Truth is I'm not the most socially gifted" He continued, trying his best to word his thoughts right for once, "And I assure you, I didn't mean to be rude last time. I was-... genuinely worried about you, even if my wording was off."

He hoped this would be enough for (Y/n) to forgive him and talk to him again. Though if it wasn't, Aaron wasn't beyond getting on his knees and begging, as pitiful as it sounded.

That's just how desperate he was.

A tired smile curved (Y/n)'s lips and she let out a soft sigh, meeting Aaron's grey eyes. She never thought he'd take her words so at heart and actually apologise to her. For (Y/n) didn't really see Aaron as someone to care for people's opinion of him.

And to an extent, she was right. Aaron could care less about what the public thought of him, he knew most people saw him as an arrogant and cold hearted prick.

What (Y/n) didn't know though, was that to Aaron she wasn't just anyone.

"It's alright, really. You're not the first asshole I've met and certainly not the worst." She said with a teasing grin, and to Aaron this was the prettiest sight. "I was a bit irritable that day and shouldn't have lashed out at you anyways."