XXXVI- teaming up

Julian: Come back.

Julian: Where are you? I'll come and get you. We can go home afterwards.

Julian: Listen, I'm worried. Please let me talk to you. We can sort this out.

Julian: (Y/n)?

Julian: That's not funny. Answer the phone.

Julian: (Y/n)???

Julian stared at his phone, cursing under his breath and raking a hand through his dark hair. A heavy sigh fell from his lips, frustration pulsing inside of him with each passing second spent with no news from (Y/n).

The muscle in his jaw ticked dangerously, his nerves running raw as he contemplated where (Y/n) could have gone. It was dark outside, and night had long since pulled its cloak over the day's sky. The streets were empty, safe for him.

(Y/n) hadn't come back.

Julian had tried to follow after her in the street, but he had lost sight of her amongst the crowd. He'd tried going to Stella's to see if maybe she had taken shelter at his best friend's. But (Y/n) had probably known this would be the first place he'd check. She wasn't stupid, and she'd probably grown wary of Stella too.

Julian had also tried localising her with her phone, but she had probably turned it off after he had called her, which made it all the more complicated for him to know where she was.

So Julian had tried asking around, had tried checking nearby hotels for signs of (Y/n) and had tried calling her. Over and over and over again. To no avail. Either she didn't want to answer or something had happened.

Julian exhaled, trying to shake off the straining tension in his shoulders.

Julian wasn't the paranoid kind, although maybe that could be attributed to the fact that he usually knew where (Y/n) was, what she was doing and with whom. Right now though, he didn't have a clue as to where she could be. As to whether she was safe or not.

The thought of (Y/n) roaming outside in the dark, alone and vulnerable was never something he liked to think about. Even more so when Simon was still around. Then again, Julian knew he probably didn't have to worry about Simon doing anything, for as much of an asshole as he was, Simon was a coward.

He wouldn't risk getting involved with the law again. He had been lucky enough (Y/n) had dropped charges the first time.

No, it wasn't Simon Julian was most worried about. But rather his own inability at finding (Y/n). A year and a half spent observing her and Julian still wasn't able to guess where she could have gone.

It drove him crazy. She drove him crazy. His concern over her safety drove him crazy. And the thought he might have lost her forever drove him insane.

He had been too careless, letting (Y/n) enter his bedroom when he wasn't here to make sure she didn't find out about his secret. He should have said no to her when she's asked if she could steal his rubik's cube. Hell he should have been here with her in the first place.

If he had been there, none of this would have happened.

One thing was for sure though, once Julian found (Y/n) again, she wouldn't be leaving his side ever again. Whether she liked it, or not.

With this thought in mind, Julian continued to search the streets for (Y/n), desperate to find her. Not like he could go back home without her, for he wouldn't be getting any sleep until he had her back in his arms.

Right where he wanted her.