𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 (𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎)

Calla had been searching for the siblings for a while now, "Xio! Xav!" Calla called out but no one answered.

"..." Calla sighed and was about to give up, but she saw something red in the corner of her eye, "What the... is that blood?" Calla walked towards it and indeed it was blood, she gasped and saw that there was a trail of blood.

She followed the blood and turned the corner, then she squinted her eyes and realized it was Xav and Xio, they weren't moving at all, "Farrah...- No." Calla covered her face and exhaled.

Xav was sitting down, leaning on the wall and Xio's head was on Xav's lap.

Calla ran towards them and nervously knelt down next to them, "Xav... Xio.. how did this happen.." Calla felt Xio's pulse which made her pause, "...Xio, I'm sorry." Calla looked down and felt Xav's pulse, she felt relieved.

"Calla, it's getting late!" Udiyaka shouted, searching for Calla. "Xav's here!" Calla shouted back, "What?" Udiyaka turned the corner and ran to Calla, "Get him inside." Udiyaka tells Xav and picked Xio up.

"Udiyaka... Xio.. isn't here anymore." Calla says and picked up Xav and quickly went inside the building.

Udiyaka sighed and brought Xio in the building, "Mr glasses, bring Keres and M/n to the roof. We'll explain later.." Udiyaka tells Mr glasses, "Got it." Mr glasses walked away to get Keres and M/n.

Udiyaka got on the elevator with Calla and presses the up button, "Sorry Calla. I know you were close with them." Udiyaka says.

"Xav was the closest with Xio." Calla replies, "..." The elevator stops and the two step off, they head out to the roof and put Xio and Xav on the ground.

"Aw geez, just what are we going to do..." Calla sighs, "..." Udiyaka starts patching Xav up, she takes a bandage and looks at Xav, she puts 2 fingers on Xav's wrist.

"...hey." Udiyaka looks at Calla with a terrified expression, "Why didn't you tell me Xav was gone?!" Udiyaka raised her voice which caught Calla off guard, "What? No.. I felt his pulse before! That can't be right!" Calla quickly grabbed Xav's wrist and felt for the pulse.

"It must've stopped when... we were bringing them in." Udiyaka looked away, "This can't be happening... not again.." Calla's eyes started to water.

"Why do we even try..." Calla walked away towards the fence, "..." Udiyaka kept staring at the bodies, she couldn't take her eyes off them.

"We heard from Mr glasses." Keres slammed the door open, "What happened to Xio and Xav?" M/n stepped onto the roof, "They're okay, right?" Mr glasses walked towards Udiyaka.

"No.. they both... are gone." Udiyaka tells the three, "WHAT?!" Mr glasses and Keres shouts at the same time, "But... how? What happened when they disappeared...?" Mr glasses questions, "That's what I want to know... but what they did.. obviously didn't go well." Udiyaka sighs.

"So they.. are dead." M/n said directly, "Try not to be so direct... Calla's here and she was the closest with them." Keres points at Calla.

"...We should bury-" Mr glasses gets cut off by M/n, "No. Let me try something." M/n knelt down next to Xav, "Xio was already gone to begin with right?" M/n asks Udiyaka and she nods.

M/n lays down next to Xav and closes his eyes.

~~~~~~

M/n opened his eyes and he was in a dark void.

"Xav." M/n says and he stands up, "What are you doing here? Actually... how did you get here?" Xav walked towards M/n, "I can connect with people and step into their minds.. Keres can do it too, but I don't have much time right now. You need to wake up." M/n tells Xav, "What...? How am I... I'm already dead though.." Xav whispers.

"Please just try." M/n holds his hand out for Xav, "I killed Xio... without Xio, there is no reason for me to live again.." Xav turns away from M/n's hand.

"You didn't have a choice, you can forgive yourself. Everyone can help you. So please, come back to us." M/n walked closer to Xav.

"No, you don't understand! It's my fault, I would just make things worse if I went back." Xav crosses his arms and moves away, "What about Calla? She cares about you. If you won't live for yourself, at least live for Calla. I know it's selfish of me to ask, but believe me.. I've been there. We all care about you so don't give up." M/n steps towards Xav who doesn't back away this time.

"Don't you think... this is where it ends for both me and Xio? We've always been together ever since the beginning.. without Xio, I am nothing." Xav's eyes swells up with tears.

"Whether Xio is with you or not does not define who you are. Xio's journey may have ended, but ours have not. There is still a story for you to finish. Not everyone gets this type of chance." M/n explains, then he inhales and exhales, "So what will it be? Do you want to join us or end it here?" M/n held out his hand.

"..." Xav hesitantly grabbed M/n's hand, relief washing over him.

~~~~~~

M/n opened his eyes and he saw that the others were surrounding him.

"M/n! Don't scare us like that..!" Keres shouts making M/n cover his ears, "What did you do?" Udiyaka questions, "Xav.." M/n sits up and looks over to Xav's body.

"..." Xav blinked a few times and sat up, "Thanks M/n." Xav smiled at M/n.

"XAV?!" Calla screams and runs over to him, "W-weren't you dead?!" Calla panicked, "M/n helped me.. he somehow connected to my mind and helped me outta there..." Xav points to his head.

"Seems M/n can do the impossible.." Mr glasses smiles at M/n, "I guess I'm just that good." M/n says in a cocky tone.

"Xio... you can't do the same to her?" Udiyaka asks, "She died before Xav and who's to say that she won't try to kill Xav again? I think it's for the better.." M/n replies.

"I agree with that." Keres nods, "Well... I guess this is it then..!" Calla helps Xav get up, "I suppose we should bury... Xio...?" Xav says and avoids eye contact with anyone.

"Of course. Let's bury her someplace nice." M/n stood up and walked over to Xio's body, "Does anyone have a place in mind...?" M/n asks as he picks up Xio.

"I do actually.." Udiyaka raises her hand, "Everyone, come with me." Udiyaka opened the door and went inside.

~~~~~~

"Woah.. Udiyaka you didn't tell me there was a place like this! This is impressive!" Mr glasses looks intensely at the field covered in flowers.

"Well, I guess I just wanted to keep it for myself..." Udiyaka chuckles, "That explains where your flowers came from." Keres smirked at Udiyaka.

"Thanks Udiyaka.. I'm sure this place means a lot to you." Xav looks at Udiyaka, "It's fine, Xio deserves this as much as you do." Udiyaka ruffles Xav's hair.

"Done!" M/n said and he got out of the hole, "Woah, that was quick!" Keres pointed out, "Xio would be proud of you for not giving up." M/n says to Xav, referring to the Xio before she got corrupted. M/n picks up Xio's body and puts her down in the grave. He then fills the hole with dirt.

"Let's just stay here for a little longer." Xav sat down and everyone followed after him.

"Dev's gone, now we don't have to worry about major enemies..." M/n smiles, "Definitely... and if another enemy comes up, we'll beat it! Since you know.. we beat Dev..." Keres sweat drops.

"Until then, let's relax and live a good life." Mr glasses adds on, "Of course, all of us deserves some rest after all that..." Udiyaka picks a flower.

"I won't let something like that ever happen again." Xav looks at Calla who nods in agreement, "Me too Xav.. me too. I hope the future has only good things for us." Calla sighs and lays down.

"The future will have only good things for us. I will make sure of it. So don't worry, I will be sure to protect you, my friends." -M/n

And thus! The story comes to an end. Thank you for those who stayed to read this crappy story. I really appreciate it! Thanks and goodbye! For this adventure has come to an end.