Finally

Y/N's POV

When Sam pulled the car to a stop in my driveway, once again, I was ready to turn around and offer him a coffee or something, so that he would come in and I could spend more time with him, but I realised I didn't have to think of something when I heard the car engine cut out and I saw that he was reaching for the door without me saying anything. Sam was coming in and I was excited to spend more time with him.

I stayed sitting in the car and watched as Sam closed the door and came rushing around to my door. When he opened my door and held out his hand to me, I didn't think twice, just grabbed his hand and allowed him to pull me from the car. I stumbled a little and Sam wrapped both his arms around me to steady me, "Are you ok?" he asked, and I felt the blush of embarrassment rush across my cheek, happy that we were in the dark so he couldn't see.

"Yeah, sorry about that." I muttered.

Stepping back, he released me, and I started to make my way to the front door. I felt Sam's presence behind me and knew that he was following me. When I stopped at the door, I turned to him and before I could stop myself, I said, "Would you like to come in?"

He seemed to think about that for a moment and then shook his head, "I better go."

My front porch light was casting a slight shadow across his face, but I noticed his eyes flick towards my lips, but then he turned to look around the dark street as though he thought someone, or something was there.

"Did you hear something?" I asked as I too scanned the street looking for something but seeing nothing.

Turning back to me he smiled, "No, it's a quiet neighbourhood."

We stood in silence for a few minutes, and I watched him move from foot to foot as though he was nervous. I had been thinking of this moment since he asked me out. It was the moment that I was finally going to kiss Sam Winchester. I had felt the tension, I had seen the way he looked at me during our date and just before I was sure his eyes looked at my lips as though he was wanting to kiss me.

"Good night Y/N" his voice was soft and carried uncertainty in it.

I was obviously waiting for a kiss that never came and I watched as he turned and started walking down the path. No! I wasn't going to let him leave without a kiss at least. "Sam!" I called to him, and he stopped, hanging his head and I heard him take a deep breath inward.

I stepped closer to him, but he didn't turn back to me as he said, "I can't Y/N."

"Can't what Sam?" I felt my stomach drop at his words and I was hoping he wasn't telling me that he didn't want to see me again.

He took another deep breath and stood there silently for a few minutes before he finally said, "I can't lose you too" the words were soft an almost inaudible.

I reached out and touched his upper arm, "Please Sam. I just-"

Spinning around suddenly he wrapped his arms around me, and our lips met. I wasn't sure at first, but when I pressed my body against his I felt his kiss growing deeper and filling with more passion. Our lips moving in sync, our bodies pressed against the other and my right hand finding his long locks, feeling the strands sliding through my fingers as I played with it.

When he pulled his lips from mine and released me, I felt a wave of loss rush over me, but then his cool hand met my warm cheek and I felt relief. His eyes searched mine and I wondered what was going on in his mind.

"I'm sorry" he huffed out a breath, "I should have asked if it was ok to kiss you."

I felt the huge smile on my lips and before I could stop myself as I heard my voice respond, "I give you permission Sam, in fact, I'd be disappointed if you didn't do it again."