The FBI

Y/N's POV

I was sitting at my desk in the precinct filling out the paperwork from the crime scene when a particular question had me thinking once again about Sam. I hadn't asked him a lot of my normal questions and he didn't even give me his last name. Why had I done things differently? What was it about Sam that made me act and do things differently? And why was I now sitting here trying to not think about him?

"So, we're not team Edward anymore?" I heard and looked up to see Thomas Parks standing there with the biggest smile as though what he said was funny. The short dark hair was parted on the right side and his clean shaven face was flawless, except for the small mole that sat defiantly above his upper lip near the left side of his nose.

I gave him an exasperated look, "No Thomas, not team either one of them."

He gave me a shocked expression as he feigned being hurt, "Oh, Y/N, no. What about young Bella?"

"She made her choice so I don't have to, but if you ask me, I wouldn't choose either one. They are both blood thirsty creatures that don't even exist" I snapped at him "So I'm not putting out an APB for either one of them."

Thomas chuckled, "Sounded like it was a gruesome crime scene."

I met the hazel eyes and saw the sincerity in them, "Yes, it was a little more confronting than I guess any of us are use to, but we will catch the son of a bitch."

"Heard you were questioning someone?"

I shook my head, "Nah, just thought I'd question some of the crowd and see if they saw anything."

Thomas frowned, but I was happy that he moved on to something else, "So a few of us are thinking of going to the bar tonight, wondering if you would be in?"

I stared at him a moment and wondered if he was asking me to join the group, or him? Was he asking me out? I shook that thought from my mind as I wasn't interested in Thomas and as I met those eyes once again, I hoped that he wasn't interested in me either, "I'm sorry, but I should finish this paperwork and you know, twilight don't sleep."

Thomas let out a little laugh and he shrugged, "Sure. Catch you tomorrow Y/N."

"See ya Thomas."

He stood there for a few minutes, and I thought he was going to say something else, but suddenly he gave a slight wave and turned away, leaving. I watched him walk away, wondering what that last part was about, but then I shook my head and looked back at my computer and went back to work.

* * * * * * * * *

Sam's POV

I was sitting in the booth of the local cafe talking with Dean about the vampires that were around when a woman stepped up to the booth. "Well, if it isn't Sam and Agent Halen" she said, and I wasn't sure if I noted the slight sarcasm or not.

I looked up to see the police Detective from the crime scene. Dean smiled up at her, but looked back at me with a slight smile, "Detective L/N. How are you?"

"I'm perplexed, which doesn't happen very often, but seems to have been since you two rolled into town" her eyes met mine and I noted her bafflement before she looked back at Dean.

Dean gave her a smile and with his usual cynicism asked, "What is perplexing you Detective?"

I flashed him a look that said, 'Really?' and when the Detective looked my way, I smiled weakly at her, but didn't say anything.