It was the longest thirty seconds you had ever witnessed, also the most nerve racking and anticipated and other similar words you could come along with.

But nevertheless, those thirty seconds seemed to have passed by, and a roaring voice called out to everyone, "It's time!"

"Humanity will take another step forward, show me what you can do!"

It was then when everybody raised their blades and their fists into the air, chanting enthusiastically to those words as if it was their cue to do so. As they shouted, the gate began to raise itself above the ground.

"Forward!" Erwin shouts as his horse starts to gallop into the battlefield. His white horse seemingly being the only white one amongst all the brown ones.

It was only nanoseconds after when everyone else, including you, were on your horses galloping in a fast pace right behind Commander Erwin.

"It has officially begun, the 57th recon mission!" You hear Erwin shout, "Scouts, move out!"

Only meters away from the closing gate, you take in the scenery you rode by. Abandoned buildings all torn and lonely, a place where humanity once spent their lives in, now titan-infested.

Then, a voice you recalled fills the void along with the sound of the horses galloping across the land, "We've got a ten meter closing in on the left!"

It was Hanji's voice, and hearing her voice somehow calmed you down. Although, hearing that she had stated the presence of a titan seemed to have thrown you off a bit. Not to worry though, you weren't going to feel this nervous, not the the point where it would be such a distraction.

Your eyes averted to the giant grotesque figure towering over a group of old houses, its face looking so monstrous and demented. A squeal of fear escaped someone's mouth from behind you, knowing the sound it was probably Sasha's. You kept your face forward though, no looking back.

Some seemed to have taken care of the titan to the left as the rest kept moving forward. Everyone could hear destruction being made as they fought the titan, it's hand sliding across rooftops in protest against the two fighting it.

Everyone kept advancing forward, resulting in passing the city ruins and into a wide and empty field. Absolutely breathtaking it was to see such a thing, but it was irritating knowing how it was invaded by those monsters.

You look forward and noticed the Commander's arm reach out, "Long ranged formation, let's go!"

With that, people started to draw away from the crowded line we had formed just mere minutes ago.

"See you around," you look to your side and see Reiner distancing himself, "Good luck."

"You too," You replied back, although by now he was probably too far off to hear you.

Sighing, you glanced over to Armin and Jean.

"Do us a favor, if you run into one of them don't piss yourself." Jean says to Armin.

Armin couldn't even get mad, or so it seemed, "Right." He answers back to Jean.

Soon after, everyone was now spread across the battlefield with nothing but them and their horses, and only their nearest comrades being a long distance away from them. But the distance between you and Armin looked as though as you weren't that far apart, which calmed you for a moment, knowing that you didn't seem completely abandoned.

Upon the blue sky, strings of red smoke seemed to have grazed over. Quickly, you grabbed your gun and shot a bullet of smoke right above you, imitating what Armin had just done.

You exhaled sharply, your heart pumped fast, and your grips on your horse's reins seemed to have grown tighter. You hated to admit that you were frightened, because death was surely coming to those in the Scouts today. It could be you who was to die next, who knows. But what you did know, was that you were ready.

So as you continued riding, after a long while of the sky not showing any signs of smoke, your eyes widened to the fact that black smoke seemed to have been shot in the sky.

'Black smoke?' You thought, slightly intimidated. 'That could only mean, an abnormal.' Soon you were able to shoot smoke into the air, just a few seconds after Armin did.

It was too far for you to perfectly catch the scene, but a few others seemed to have slaughtered a titan. And from that distance, you could hear Armin shout encouraging words to his comrades who had just taken down the abnormal.

Although, that few seconds of victory seemed to have diminished in such a short amount of time as you glanced over your shoulder to spot another titan headed for their way.

'Now way, it's moving so fast.'  Eyes widening, you caught a glimpse of the incredible speed it ran at. Not to mention its looks slightly different from regular titans, it had blonde hair, short and cut to the shoulders. Perhaps it was even a woman, due to the noticeable breasts it, or rather, she, had.

Armin shot another string of black smoke in the sky, making you do so as well. You watched as the two who had brought down the previous titan attack it, but what had come afterwards left you in absolute terror to the titan, who's moves were so foreign to you.

The titan had grabbed one of the men who planned to attack its neck and threw him against the ground, and even from where you were at you could spot splatters of blood being spewed in such an abundant amount.

It then stopped in its tracks, looking down at the ground ominously. All you could do was stare as you rode on your horse faster.

Then it, or, she gazed towards your direction with the fearsome intent to charge towards you.