CHAPTER EIGHT (EDITED)

-THE GIRL WHO LIVED-

━━━━✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

{HARRIET POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE}

━━━━✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

· · ─────── · NO ONE'S POV · ─────── ·

The next night, Harriet, Dudley, Hermione and Weasley are being led to Hagrid's hut by Mr. Filch. "A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons."

"God, I miss the screaming." Filch says, Weasley gulps, and Dudley rushes by. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the Dark Forest." Filch says just as Hagrid appears with a crossbow. 

He sniffles. "A sorry lot, this, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Hagrid sniffs and sighs, "Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." 

Hagrid mutters sadly, Dudley sighs, "Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." Dudley says, Hagrid nods. "Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania?" Filch rolls eyes. "What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all." 

Hagrid asks as Filch scoffs, "Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the Forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Filch sneers, "The Forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there."

Students aren't allowed. And there are..." Weasley shouts, there was a howl sound "...werewolves!" He yells. "There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Filch says while smirking, Weasley looks frightened. 

"Nighty-night." He leaves to go back into the castle. "Right. Let's go." In the Forbidden Forest, the group walks along a path to a tree. Hagrid stops, bends down and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls out his fingers and rubs them together. 

A silver trail smears with his fingers. "Hagrid, what is that?" Harriet asks, Hagrid sighs, "What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been hurt bad by something." 

Harriet suddenly sees a large, cloaked figure walking through the trees. She looks at Hagrid. "So, it's our job to go and find the poor beast. Dudley, you'll come with me." Hagrid orders, "Okay." He nods, "And Harriet, you'll go with Hermione and Ron." 

Harriet and Hermione nod sadly. Why did they have to be put with him. "Okay. Then I get Fang." Weasley scoffs, Hagrid shrugs, "Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." Fang whines. Harriet, Hermione and Weasley are walking through a part of the forest.