Chapter 27: Seeing Our Future

Start from the beginning

Paige- Sounds like a lot. How is Jade?

Nika- When she ran out the back door it was because she was starting to have a panic attack.
Hachi was running with her, and when I found them Hachi was hugging her. It just hurt so much to see her hurting so much. But everything calmed down after that.

Paige- How did your parents react when Addie showed up?

Nika- I think that they handled it well. They are definitely not her biggest fan because of everything she did to set me up. But in the end it seemed like they are giving her a chance to redeem herself.

Paige- That's good.

Nika- It definitely is.

Paige- Okay I have one final question before we head in for practice.

Nika- Okay what is it?

Paige- What made you decide to stay next year?

The moment she said that I just smiled before saying...

Nika- I found out that Jade might be transferring here. Plus my sister is going to transfer here too if Jade decides to. But don't tell anyone else about this.

Paige- I am so happy for you Nika. I hope that they both will transfer. Because it definitely sounds like next year is going to be an amazing one.

Nika- Plus if she does transfer here, I am going to ask her if she wants to get a place together.

Paige- Awe that's a huge deal and I am really happy for you.

Nika- Thanks P. Oh by the way the softball team is throwing a party tonight, are you going?

Paige- You had me at party, so of course I will be going.

After that we headed inside for practice, and my whole team had to give me a hard time and congratulate me for making my relationship with Jade public. I honestly feel so proud and happy.

Geno had us watching film, so we could see what we needed to improve on and see what we needed to do to win against North Carolina. We did that for the first hour and a half before we hit the gym. He had us running drills, but we had a great practice today.

The last thing we did at practice was split up into teams and scrimmage. Paige and I always have fun, even if we are on different teams we joke around a little bit.

Once practice was over, I noticed that Jade messaged me to tell me that she is out with Hana and Riley. I messaged her back to tell her that I am heading to my dorm and that I will see her before the party.

Paige- Ready to go?

Nika- Yeah I'm definitely ready for lunch.

Paige- Exactly what I was thinking. Is Jade going to meet us?

Nika- She is with Riley and Hana, so we will meet  them later.

So with that we went to eat, and then to our dorm to get ready for the party tonight.

... Meanwhile...

Jade

After Nika left, I finished eating breakfast and waited for everyone else to wake up. I actually ended making everyone breakfast. I made scrambled eggs and bacon. I made toast and fried potatoes.

The moment I finished setting the table, everyone started to show up. They all thanked me and honestly it felt good. I sat down with them while they ate, and asked them what they were doing today.

Darko and Roberta ended up going somewhere with my dad. I am so happy that they get along and like each other. The only thing was they wouldn't tell us where they were going.