Goodbye

Alexander stood there in shock. His heart was pounding as he remembered the visions. His body began to glow a bright blue, and Jinx and Ekko rushed to him. "Alexander, it's okay. Just breathe," Ekko said. "Yeah, and focus on our voices," Jinx added.

"I'm okay. I'm okay," he reassured them as his heart rate returned to normal, and his body stopped glowing. "Are you sure?" Heimerdinger asked. "Yeah, I just... need a moment." Alexander turned and went upstairs. "Will he be alright?" Mel asked.

"Yeah, he just needs to process this situation," Ekko replied. "Speaking of that, what'll happen now?" Caitlyn asked. "I suggest you all keep this information to yourself. There are people who would go after him if they knew," Heimerdinger stated.

"Like who?" Jinx asked. "Any bounty hunter or assassins," Heimerdinger replied. "Well, that's just fucking great," Vi said sarcastically. "Let's check on him," Ekko suggested to Jinx. Jinx nodded and followed him upstairs.

They found him in his guest room, looking out the window with a far away look on his face. "Alexander?" Jinx asked. He turned to them, and Jinx added, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just... thinking."

"We kind of figured," Ekko replied. He nodded and sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Will this change anything?" Jinx asked.

"No. That kingdom is long gone, but the Undercity is my home. Our home. Nothing is changing that. Speaking of that, we should head back. We've been away for too long."

Jinx and Ekko nodded in agreement. A few moments later, they went back downstairs and found that everyone was still there. "Are you alright, Alexander?" Mrs. Kiraman asked. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Heimerdinger asked. He nodded and said, "I think we should go back to the Undercity. The Firelights need us, and we've been away too long."

"I agree," Vi replied. Caitlyn couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness, and Vi glanced at her with a look of sadness. Everyone noticed, and Mel said, "We should get going."

"Indeed. Be careful, Alexander," Heimerdinger stated. "I always am," he replied as they left. "When are you leaving?" Mr. Kiraman asked. "We'll leave this evening," Alexander explained.

A few hours later, everyone was saying goodbye to the Kiramans. Vi walked up to Caitlyn, and they hugged tightly. "It's real, cupcake. Thanks for everything," Vi whispered in her ear. Caitlyn didn't know what to say, so she tightened her hold on Vi.

After a few moments, they released each other, and Vi caressed Caitlyn's cheek before she left with her group. Both of them were sad that they were being separated, and the thought of never seeing each other again was painful.

Little do they know, this was just the beginning of their journey together because fate had plans for the whole group, including Caitlyn and Vi.