Caitlyn Meets Vi

Caitlyn was walking around the crime scene, analyzing everything around her. She spotted bomb residue all over the floor, strange crystals everywhere, and purple ash on the floor. Caitlyn kneeled down and touched the ash.

Some of it remained on her fingers, and she rubbed it with her thumb. Then she spotted a something on behind a crate. Caitlyn stood up and pushed the crate out of the way. There was a pink monkey's face painted on the wall. The art style was the same as other paintings of different animals at similar crime scenes.

Caitlyn pulled out a camera and took a picture. The camera printed out the picture, and Caitlyn lightly shook it to get it to develop faster. After it developed, Caitlyn tucked the photo into her pocket. "Caitlyn Kiraman," a familiar voice said.

She turned to see Marcus, who was now chief frowning at her. "Interfering with an investigation again, are we?" Caitlyn frowned at him. "Last I checked, your parents want you to be on guard duty," he added.

"With all due respect, I'm very capable of investigating crimes. If you just gave me a chance-"

"I don't want to repeat myself again, Kiraman; stick to guard duty. It's where you belong."

Marcus turned and walked away. Caitlyn huffed and left the airship. After a long day of guarding her parents' tent during the Progress Day festival, Caitlyn returned to her house. She went into her room and pulled out the photo.

She went over to her board on the floor and looked at the photos. All of them were connected. Each photo was taken at the multitude of crime scenes. The group that's been attacking the airships were considered terrorists in Piltover.

Caitlyn, however, doubted that title. Everyone who witnessed them claimed that they didn't kill anyone. There was also evidence that they were attacking airships strategically. All the airships they attacked had something in common, and Caitlyn suspected that the production of shimmer had something to do with it.

Despite this, Marcus decided to label them terrorists. This convinced her that Marcus was hiding something, and she no longer trusted him.

Caitlyn's eyes landed on Still Water Prison, and an idea popped into her mind. Caitlyn knew that suspects were arrested, and if she could talk to them, then she could gain evidence.
Caitlyn grabbed her journal, put the new photo inside, and left.

When she got to Still Water, it was late in the evening. She approached the man at the desk and greeted him. "Hello."

"Uh, hi. I didn't expect there to be a visit from an Enforcer today."

"It was last minute. Are any of the suspects of the airship attacks here?"

"No, they're in another prison."

"Oh."

"But there is someone you can talk to. Apparently she had a run in with a guy named Silco a few years back. If you're searching for him or who's behind the attacks, talk to her."

"What's her name?"

"We don't care who's who here. We just call them by the numbers of there cells. Her number is 4516."

"Where's her cell?"

"On the second floor. Third cell to your right. Be careful, though. She's rather...aggressive."

"Okay. Thank you."

"Good luck," he said to her as she walked away. Caitlyn stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the second floor. As the door closed, Caitlyn sighed and anxiously tapped her thumb on her journal.

This was going to be fine. The elevator stopped and opened, revealing the dark corridor. She heard the sounds of fists punching a wall from the third cell on her right.

Caitlyn swallowed hard and approached the cell. When she looked in between the bars, she saw Vi punching the wall. "Hello?"

Vi stopped punching the wall and looked over her shoulder. "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm investigating a crime involving the production of shimmer and attacks on the airships. I was told that you might know something."

"Well, they told you wrong. I don't fucking know what shimmer even is." Vi was pacing now, expecting Caitlyn to send for someone to beat her up. "Shimmer is a drug that turns people into...monsters." Vi froze. That sounded a lot like...

"Silco."

"Who?" Caitlyn asked. "This guy named Silco started shimmer a few years ago. I've seen what it does to people."

"Then you should know that we need to stop him."

"'We'? You Enforcers don't give a shit what's going on in the Undercity, and I can't do jack shit from in here."

"Well, I do." Vi scoffed. "Yeah, right." Caitlyn sighed and noticed a red line in front of the cell. Despite its clear purpose, Caitlyn took a chance.

She stepped over the line and opened her journal to the photo she took earlier. She held it up, allowing Vi to see it. "Do you know what this is?"

Vi, recognizing the art style, rushed forward and grabbed the bars. Caitlyn instinctively backed up out of surprise. "Where'd you get this?" Vi demanded.

"It's evidence from a crime scene. It came from the most recent attack on the airships."

"Well, I don't know about these attacks. The only way you can get more info is to go to the Undercity."

"Thank you. I'll go there now." Caitlyn turned and began walking back to the elevator. Vi chuckled and said loudly, "The Undercity is going to eat you alive." Caitlyn paused and sighed, knowing Vi had a point.

A few minutes later, Caitlyn returned to the man at the desk and placed the form on the desk.

"What's this?"

"It's form for prisoner 4516."

"Did she do something? Want us to teach her a lesson?" The man pulled out a club. Caitlyn's eyes widened in horror. "No! No. It's for her release."

"What for?"

"I dung into the records, and there's no record of her crimes. What was she in for?"

"I don't know. Some Enforcer guy brought her in years ago. I didn't ask questions. Anyways, who gave you permission to release this prisoner?"

"Chief Marcus," Caitlyn lied. "He gave me permission to release her."

"Okay, then." The man took the form and pulled out a key. "Here's the key to her cell."

"Thank you," she replied as she took it.

Vi was up in her cell when she heard the cell door open. Vi rolled her shoulder, ready to defend herself. As she turned, she was stunned to see Caitlyn. "Come on. We don't have all day." Caitlyn walked away, and Vi reluctantly followed her.

"Where are we going?"

"To the Undercity, of course."

"Wait...am I on parole or something?"

"No. You're free." Vi stared at Caitlyn in shock. An Enforcer freed her? Why? Maybe she had an ulterior motive? Whatever the reason, Vi was going to take advantage of her newfound freedom. She was going to find Powder if it was the last thing she did.

Vi left the prison with Caitlyn, knowing she'd never have to set foot on its grounds again.