Reconciliation

Jinx was sitting on her bed in the guest room, completely bored. She wanted to do something with Ekko, but he was taking a nap. Alexander and Caitlyn were off to heal Viktor, and Vi... she wasn't sure.

Would Vi even want to hang out with her? No, probably not. After all, she wasn't the same little girl she was back then.

Mylo appeared beside Jinx and whispered, "Once she realizes you changed too much, she'll leave you."

"She wouldn't do that. Not again."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, she told me what happened. It wasn't her fault."

"She lied."

"She wouldn't lie."

"Yes, she would. She lied about family sticking together."

"She didn't."

"She did."

"Shut up!" Jinx swiped at Mylo, and he vanished. However, she could still hear his laugh. Then she heard a knock on the door. "Powder?"

"It's Jinx, and come in." Vi poked her head into the room and asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Not believing her sister, Vi slipped in and closed the door behind her. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, Vi, I am." Jinx crossed her arms over her chest as she stood, and Vi sighed. "Powder-."

"Stop calling me that! How many times do I have to tell you?!"

"Sorry, sorry," Vi replied, holding up her hands in surrender. Jinx huffed, and Vi asked, "Why do you call yourself that anyway?"

"I think you know why." Vi winced as she remembered the last thing she said to her sister that night. "God, I never should've called you that."

"Whatever."

"No, it's not 'whatever'. I hurt you that night. You didn't deserve that."

"Except I did. I killed them. If I hadn't..." Tears formed Jinx's eyes as the memories flashed through her mind. Vi wrapped her arms around Jinx, and Jinx hugged her back. "I'm so sorry, Powder."

Jinx then pushed her away, "Will just call me Jinx?"

"I...I can't because to me it's an insult."

"Not an insult anymore. To me, it's my name."

"Name or not, I'll never call you that again."

"Then you'll be rejecting me again." Vi sighed and replied, "Then I don't know what to do."

"Then leave me alone."

"No."

"What do mean 'no'?"

"No, as in, I'll never leave you alone again."

"Then why...?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you leave me?!" Jinx exclaimed as tears rolled down her face. "I never meant to leave you. I was trying to calm down. I promise; I would've come back if Marcus hadn't nabbed me."

Jinx sniffed and muttered, "Then I wouldn't have met Alexander." Vi sighed and asked, "How did you and Ekko meet him, anyway?" Jinx sat down on the bed, and Vi sat beside her.

"When I thought you abandoned me that night, Alexander showed up. He'd sensed the Arcane crystals go off and came to investigate. He found me, took me in, and gave me a home. When I told him about Ekko, he searched for Ekko and found him at Benzo's old place. He took him in, too. We'd been together ever since."

"So, he was the one who I saw with you before Marcus nabbed me."

"You saw him?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Huh."

"Vi?"

"Yeah?"

"When you said, 'family sticks together', did you mean it? Or was it a lie?"

"It wasn't a lie. I swear, I meant it when I said it."

"What about now?"

"Yes. It applies, even now. I promise; I'll always be by your side."

"Don't make a promise you can't keep." Vi sighed and grabbed Jinx's hand, giving her a gentle squeeze. "It's more than a promise." Jinx looked away and sighed. "Hey," Vi said, regaining Jinx's attention, "I'll try to call you what you want to be called. Just...just try not to forget who you are."

"Don't worry. I'll never forget." The sisters smiled at each other, and Jinx rested her head against Vi's shoulder, and Vi rested her head on Jinx's. For once, the sisters truly felt together.