Strange Visions

Alexander sat on the windowsill in his guest room, lost in thought. He was tempted to go for a walk, but he'd most likely get lost. Then suddenly he felt a sharp pain in his head and winced. He rubbed his temples to try and ease the pain.

Then, the face of a beautiful woman appeared in his mind. She had long black hair that flowed around her head, deep brown eyes, and fair skin. Despite her beauty, she had this sorrowful aura, and she looked familiar. As fast as she appeared, she vanished.

It was then Alexander realized something. "Mom?" Was she alive? No, she couldn't be. She died when he was little. No, that was his adoptive mother. This woman...he didn't know how he knew, but she was his biological mother.

"Alexander?" Startled, he looked over and saw Jinx and Ekko poking their heads in the room. "Sorry, we didn't mean to scare you," Jinx added. "It's okay. What is it?"

"We just wanted to check on you," Ekko replied. Alexander chuckled and stood up. "I appreciate that, kiddos."

"Are you okay? You look like something's bothering you," Ekko pointed out. "Well, I'm just worried that we might have been away for too long."

"We're a little worried about that, too, but I think you're worried about something else," Jinx replied. "I can never get things past you two, huh?"

"Nope," Ekko replied. Alexander chuckled again and sighed. "I just had a brief vision."

"What kind of vision?" Ekko asked. "It was of my biological mother. I just saw her face, and she looked sad."

"What do you think it means?" Jinx asked. "I don't know," Alexander replied. Suddenly, Alexander was no longer in the room. He was standing outside in the rain at night, surrounded by bodies. "What the...?"

Then he heard a woman yell, "Alexander!" He turned around, and the scene changed. Alexander was now standing in a room.

It was large, had hardwood floors, and cream-colored walls. A window to his left was open, letting the cool night air. There was a canopy bed that was king-sized and had a white canopy. In the bed in the thick blue blanket was the same woman he briefly saw in his mind's eye.

She was wearing a white, long-sleeved night gown and was holding a newborn baby. Next to her was a man. He had thick, short blonde hair, brown eyes, and pale skin. He wore a dark blue long-sleeved shirt, black trousers, and black knee-high boots.

"He's beautiful," the man said, admiring the baby. "I know," the woman said, gently kissing the baby's forehead. Then her face became crestfallen. "If we don't send him away, he'll die," she muttered. The man's sighed sadly. "I know."

A moment of silence fell over them until the man asked, "What was the name you picked again?"

"Alexander. His name is Alexander."

Suddenly, he blinked and found himself looking up at Jinx and Ekko, both of whom were worried. "Alexander, are you okay?" Ekko asked. "Yeah, yeah, I'm okay."

He sat up as he asked, "What happened?"

"Your eyes started glowing blue, and you collapsed. You had us worried," Jinx explained. "I'm sorry, kids. I have no idea why that happened."

"It's okay," Ekko replied. "Did you have a vision again?" Jinx asked. He nodded and told them what he saw. After he was finished, Ekko and Jinx exchanged glances. "What does it mean, and why now?" Jinx asked.

"I don't know, but for now, let's just focus on the situation in the Undercity." Alexander, Jinx, and Ekko got up, and Ekko asked, "Are sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." They nodded once, and they left the room.